#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

I only bothered to watch DMC in theaters just because COTBP was a surprisingly good swashbuckling comedy (how could we know a movie made after a freaking Disneyland attraction could be any good) and Depp killed it. Even Disney didn't see him coming. He was not supposed to be the highlight or the hero.

Disney had some homophobe executives that were against Depp's performance at first. That's one of the few times I think Bruckheimer has used his power for something good.

Disney had some homophobe executives that were against Depp's performance at first. That's one of the few times I think Bruckheimer has used his power for something good.

That's really dumb... how was his performance even gay?

That's really dumb... how was his performance even gay?

Don't ask me. At the time, Disney had some really uptight, conservative people running the company. They were concerned that it was too flamboyant of a character. And now it's a predictable cash cow for them. Some people don't deserve the success they receive. That's an example of it.

• Like 2

Don't ask me. At the time, Disney had some really uptight, conservative people running the company. They were concerned that it was too flamboyant of a character. And now it's a predictable cash cow for them. Some people don't deserve the success they receive. That's an example of it.

True, they probably still do! ( although Mike Eisner was a Democrat)

And look at how Depp's career has gone downhill. He's making a ton of money, but not a single good performance in many years. All sellout cashgrab shit and he's even been typecast, which didn't seem possible earlier in his career. He had a great variety of roles up to a certain point. Such is the way of Hollywood though. James Cagney and Edward G. Robinson are good examples of it.

• Like 3

Oh yeah. He's in a movie with Meryl fucking Streep. Of course it'll be good. 

She could even make a movie with TI and still win a hundred awards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7_CWnZY-II

You like OST? Where is a mod when we need to drop the ban hammer?! :P

Yeah, I liked it because I was never a big fan of Will & Elizabeth, so I was glad to see a Pirates movie without them.

Edited by Empire University

No, it wouldn't have been better just by taking that out. You needed funnier dialogue and a genuinely surprising performance like COTBP had.

Yes, it would have. The second half of DMC has a lot of power and heft to it. COTBP is pure fun, but once the semi-woeful Cannibal Island is done I feel DMC at times reaches higher peaks than its predecessor did.