#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

Is there a big chance that MU might fall by 50%+ next weekend? You know, if DM2 does open in the way some of us are expecting it to do.

A 50% drop would still be good lol

Is there a big chance that MU might fall by 50%+ next weekend? You know, if DM2 does open in the way some of us are expecting it to do.

It's direct competition so wouldn't be surprised but I think its going to be a long weekend with a lot of people taking Friday off as well so MU will be helped as well.

And they lost Spidey's rights outside of films to Disney so Spidey isn't the cashcow it used to be.

Yes and no. Disney has TV/animation rights to Spidey. But Sony handed that over willingly if the Mouse agreed they wouldn't push trying to get the film rights.

Unlikely as July 4th will help soften the blow. I think another 45% drop next weekend.  

A few of us have it winning the summer.  Care to join?

Potentially. I'll stew over it until Tuesday. It's legs are going to be very good, it just depends on how big it can open. Right now I'm thinking $320 million. I can't see it missing $300
  • Like 1

Good hold for MOS. It should finish between 300-305M. A very successful start for a reboot. :D

We shall see. I remember after the first weekend it was going to finish $320-325m. 

$300m may have to be pushed to like Returns was pushed to $200m, but yeah still a success. 

Good hold for MOS. It should finish between 300-305M. A very successful start for a reboot. :D

I'm out of words. This is going against what the weekday lead me to think. I'll eat whatever crow people want me to, this is most definitely getting to $300m DOM. Go MoS! :wub:

• Like 1

Topic says 20.08, update says 20.82.

which is it?

20.82, needs to be fixed.

Almost $21 million this weekend, very good. Should be finish around $305-$310. So happy for this movie (I love it), let's get that sequel date announced already WB! 

Edited by witness
  • Like 1

I think that's a weakness actually.

I do as well. Its great when everything is performing as expected or better, not so much if that doesn't happen. It is no wonder Sony released dates for the next two Spider-Man sequels, it seems to be the only guaranteed money maker they have at this point.