#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

I think a good 4th weekend will show where this is headed. If TLR tanks and this holds well, then like NYSM or STiD, it might look alright in the end. I think there is no need to panic till after this weekends numbers come in. 

Its budget is 150 million. Unless it has Avatar-style legs, I don't see how it can turn into a success.

Sure, 100 million would make it look better, but even then...ouch!

• Like 1

The thing about WHD and July 4th, its still a movie filled with terrorism, the 3rd movie of the summer, 4th if you count MOS. With DM2, TLR, Heat, ya know, more uplifting movies out, will people, on a fun American holiday wanna sit through a movie where DC is getting blown up? I know its a buddy comedy too, but its a symbolizm thing. I feel like Winter would have been better for this. July 4th is almost like a paradox. It should be alright, but I doubt holds will be amazing.

The thing about WHD and July 4th, its still a movie filled with terrorism, the 3rd movie of the summer, 4th if you count MOS. With DM2, TLR, Heat, ya know, more uplifting movies out, will people, on a fun American holiday wanna sit through a movie where DC is getting blown up? I know its a buddy comedy too, but its a symbolizm thing. I feel like Winter would have been better for this. July 4th is almost like a paradox. It should be alright, but I doubt holds will be amazing.

Well, Transformers, Armaggedon and Independence Day itself (admittedly, those two were before THE WAR ON TERROR!!!!), say that Americans love seeing their monuments being blown the fuck up, even around the 4th of July...

Well, Transformers, Armaggedon and Independence Day itself (admittedly, those two were before THE WAR ON TERROR!!!!), say that Americans love seeing their monuments being blown the fuck up, even around the 4th of July...

Thats what I mean by symbolizm though. Those movies feature aliens and an asteroid, WHD is human terrorist which make it more realistic and home hitting. IMO I think the reason for WHD flopping is being too similar and close to OHF. I dont think the terrorism is a big factor, but its just something you notice, especially with all the comdies out.

SLJ > Foxx/Leo > Tarantino honestly is how we see it. Now if you had Morgan Freeman in there...

I'm black and I only saw Django for Tarantino teaming again with Waltz in a slavery setting > the rest. Jamie Foxx was the last thing I was excited about. (I was disappointed when Idris Elba was not considered for the role).

(But I'm not part of that "urban category" at all since I'm not a hip-hop fan, I'm not african american and I grew up in France)

I'm black and I only saw Django for Tarantino teaming again with Waltz in a slavery setting > the rest. Jamie Foxx was the last thing I was excited about. (I was disappointed when Idris Elba was not considered for the role).(But I'm not part of that "urban category" at all since I'm not a hip-hop fan, I'm not african american and I grew up in France)

I wasnt saying its the same for everyone, but I see your points. I like Elba too. France and America are just different. Edited by LeFlop James

I'm black and I only saw Django for Tarantino teaming again with Waltz in a slavery setting > the rest. Jamie Foxx was the last thing I was excited about. (I was disappointed when Idris Elba was not considered for the role).

(But I'm not part of that "urban category" at all since I'm not a hip-hop fan, I'm not african american and I grew up in France)

You're black? No wonder you don't get along with BKB. :lol:

• Like 4

This reminds me of how funny it is when I see newpeople on US television refer to black people from Europe as "African-American".

This reminds me of how funny it is when I see newpeople on US television refer to black people from Europe as "African-American".

It's funny how relative political correctness is. In the UK saying 'black' wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

• Like 1

It's funny how relative political correctness is. In the UK saying 'black' wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

And I bet its just white people digging into their own liberal asses. How many afican american people get offended if you call them black?

• Like 4

Its budget is 150 million. Unless it has Avatar-style legs, I don't see how it can turn into a success.

Sure, 100 million would make it look better, but even then...ouch!

Ah, didn't realize that. Haven't looked that up. That being the case then even great WOM and legs will not save it.

In France, it's even weirder most people use the english word "black" in french common language, not "noir".

"Hier soir, j'ai rencontré un Black dans un bar."

"Hey, last night I met that black (guy) at the bar."