lilmac

Thursday numbers: DM2-24.5, TLR-9.85, Heat-6.35 (BOM)

Once again, you guys are missing the point of that quote...here is what he actually said:

Wrapping up, he says that films like Man of Steel and Iron Man 3 “should not necessarily be in 3D. If you spend $150 million on visual effects, the film is already going to [look] spectacular [and] perfect.” We’d like to think most audiences would agree with these statements.

Did TITANIC have to be in 3D?

• Like 3

I was wondering about that.

I don't think it bothers me.   I wasn't bothered when Perry White and Kingpin were played by black men, so it would be hypocritical of me to be bothered about this.

Given that there are great comedies all throughout the 20th century, it makes sense that a list would contain a majority of older films.

Love some of the others named...some of mine that I did not see listed:

Animal Crackers

Duck Soup

Horsefeathers

A Night at the Opera

A Day at the Races

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Bringing Up Baby

The General

Arthur

To Be or Not to Be

Mystery Men

The Great Race

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

(Yeah...I love the Marx Brothers)

Marx Bros & Bringing Up Baby.  :wub: :wub: :wub:

But you left out the Thin Man movies.  :whip:

;)

• Like 1

I'm not sure 3D is dead but I am sure I feel ripped off if they demand a 3D price for a movie they didn't shoot in 3D.

The post-conversion 3D films piss me off the most. They only do it to inflate the grosses.
  • Like 1

So MoS to pass TASM today for biggest reboot domestically. 

Has also passed BATMAN BEGINS's ticket sales as per BOM. I know the calculation isn't really accurate, but MOS will still have sold more tickets by the end of its run. What a failure. lol

• Like 3

You cannot blame OS as many countries end up with ONLY 3D prints!  :angry:  :angry: Or with very few 2D showings of movies also available in 3D. There is really no choice. It is either watch the movie in despicable 3D or wait for BluRay/TV/Torrent.

That's true. My closest theater is 3D crazy and if 2D versions are available, they get the worst show times and after few weeks they drop 2D showings completely. Some never even have a 2D option like ASM and STID which means I end up boycotting them even though I would have gone to see them in 2D. I love seeing movies like Avatar, Life of Pi and Hugo in 3D but I hate shoddy conversions or motion blur in action scenes. I saw The Hobbit in 3D 48 I loved the clarity, too bad it got so much negative press.

3D is dead in the US at least.

I'm finding more and more say something akin to, "I prefer regular" or "I'll go out of my way to see the 2-D"

Placing 3-D in films where it clearly isn't important to the story for the sake of the upcharge...audiences have caught on, mostly.