Biggestgeekever

Wkend #s: 82.5 DM2, 29.4 TFR, 25 Heat, 19.6 MU

Dark Skies will be a cult hit, I don't know why, I just think it will be :P (Same with Hansel and Gretel)

I won't lie...I kinda liked Hansel and Gretel. It was like the movie Van Helsing thought it wanted to be, but failed miserably at.

Well you know some of the worse films of the year are ones none of us will ever get to see. As I read before-we tend to not get to see the really bad foreign film or indies even. (They will be so limited or not even released in the US so there you go!) Same goes for decades one might say is great since we never get too see the really really bad ones ever.

As for Dark Skies, please don't joke like that. It was a 2/10 and one of the worst movies of the year.

Most cult hits started out as unliked films you know.

I must admit though ... I was slightly disappointed in Looper ... mainly because I think SOOOO highly of Brick. One of my favorite movies of the last 10 years. Still felt it was a B+, but I was so sure I'd give it an A when I stepped in the theater.Haven't seen Brother's Bloom ... not really sure why.Brick ALooper B+

I wouldn't change a single frame of Looper, it was phenomenal from beginning to end. You should really watch Brothers Bloom.
  • Like 2

i cry myself to sleep thinking about all the indie films i never get to see because of my location , darn rock in the middle of the caribbean sea pffffffffffffffffffff

i fell madly in love with the first film "before sunrise" cried like a baby(saw it on tv and taped it on vhs) but then i guess i was young and now i'll probably have to wait till dvd comes out or some backward option to see it which is unlikely as even in that grey area indies have it bad too pfff 

i keep hearing about mud , probably has to do with matthew  McConaughey having a late resurging acting run (award wise ) he's just too much of a laid back kinda guy!

Edited by ladyevenstar22

Hansel and Gretel IS a cult (and a straight global) hit already.

As for Dark Skies, please don't joke like that. It was a 2/10 and one of the worst movies of the year.

Hansel and Gretel made a whopping 75% in OS grosses and is very likely profitable.  I'd like to see what director Tommy Wirkola can do with a bigger budget and perhaps a Marvel property after he gets 1-2 more films under his belt.  Watch out for this guy.

i keep hearing about mud , probably has to do with matthew  McConaughey having a late resurging acting run (award wise ) he's just too much of a laid back kinda guy!

No joke: McConaughey is one of my favorite actors working today. I knew he had a hot streak last year (Magic Mike, Bernie, Killer Joe) but Mud closed the deal for me. And he's nowhere near finished: he has Dallas Buyers Club, Wolf of Wall Street and freaking INTERSTELLAR coming up. 

• Like 3

• Founder / Operator

No joke: McConaughey is one of my favorite actors working today. I knew he had a hot streak last year (Magic Mike, Bernie, Killer Joe) but Mud closed the deal for me. And he's nowhere near finished: he has Dallas Buyers Club, Wolf of Wall Street and freaking INTERSTELLAR coming up. 

I LOVE the turn his career has taken. He's never gotten enough credit for smartly taking roles, but his streak (and upcoming hits--yes, they'll all be successful!) will really solidify it. I smell an Oscar nod in his near future.

• Like 2

Hansel and Gretel IS a cult (and a straight global) hit already.

Lol, Hansel and Gretal is not a cult hit, its a universally panned turd.  The latest cult hits are stuff like Dredd and Cloud Atlas.