Punishment

Monday Numbers: DM2-$10,512,110

That was the third weekend so it's not a direct comparison

But it lost premium IMAX screens and 3D was a low percentage of the total gross. IM3 had a shot at 45% - 50% drop. BTW, this will be MoS last weekend in the top 10.Someone thought it was a brilliant idea to have 4 new releases on the weekend of 5/19.

But it lost premium IMAX screens and 3D was a low percentage of the total gross. IM3 had a shot at 45% - 50% drop. BTW, this will be MoS last weekend in the top 10.Someone thought it was a brilliant idea to have 4 new releases on the weekend of 5/19.

Other movies like STID or Deathly Halliws 2 or Tron Legacy didn't drop too hard when they lost Imax

What I posted other day UK forum about Imax & MOS/PR

"highest grossing location weekend BFI Imax over 3.5 times #2 location  and cume is 30% higher than 2nd highest todate and the film comes off this thu for PR, At least in Aus where Syd Imax is #2 weekend (all wkend sessions were SO), from this Thursday PR & MOS get 2 sessions a day each and Melbourne Imax MOS is getting mix 1-2 a day & PR 2 a day"

Edited by Rth
  • Like 3

What I posted other day UK forum about Imax & MOS/PR

"highest grossing location weekend BFI Imax over 3.5 times #2 location  and cume is 30% higher than 2nd highest todate and the film comes off this thu for PR, At least in Aus where Syd Imax is #2 weekend (all wkend sessions were SO), from this Thursday PR & MOS get 2 sessions a day each and Melbourne Imax MOS is getting mix 1-2 a day & PR 2 a day"

Not to be rude, but I haven't a clue what you're saying. Care to explain?

• Like 1

So here is an example of how cheap Tuesday affexcts the box office. The theater I went to sold-out every Early Show tonight. That's six movies starting at 7pm all sold out.

Edited by Jaws 2 baumer
  • Like 2

Not to be rude, but I haven't a clue what you're saying. Care to explain?

About discussion on MOS coming off in Imax because of PR, giving example of what’s happening in UK(where London BFI IMAX on wkend #1 location & did 3.5 times business of  #2 grossing theatre) & Aus  with Traditional Imax.

Like a lot of NA locations with London BFI Imax MOS come off, in Aus its sharing with PR, however not in digital Imax locations in Aus where 2 of 3 MOS comes off.

• Like 1