Punishment

Monday Numbers: DM2-$10,512,110

Funny how World War Z will probably end up being the most impressive BO run of the summer.  It will comfortably pass 200m.

Definitely one of the most impressive performances of the summer, but I think "Now You See Me" takes the crown. I know a lot of people had there doubts and I followed all the articles about the production closely but let's be honest, this was a heavily advertised disaster film starring Brad Pitt. It's a minor miracle that it all worked out and also that the reviews turned out out be this good, but I am way more surprised at Now You See Me passing $100m DOM than WWZ hitting $200m. 

• Like 1

never was dangerous, not due to protests.

Johnn Y said people were breaking into banks and government buildings, students were hiding in universities and a million were on the streets. That sounds pretty bad.

Definitely one of the most impressive performances of the summer, but I think "Now You See Me" takes the crown. I know a lot of people had there doubts and I followed all the articles about the production closely but let's be honest, this was a heavily advertised disaster film starring Brad Pitt. It's a minor miracle that it all worked out and also that the reviews turned out out be this good, but I am way more surprised at Now You See Me passing $100m DOM than WWZ hitting $200m.

It's the opposite for me. No one was expecting above a 50m opening for WWZ let alone 60m. Most users had Now You See Me in the 20's for opening weekend. WWZ made my jaw drop. I had it at about 40m personally.

I had a feeling NYSM would break out due to the intriguing trailer that sets up a an interesting mystery and chase plot  and All Star Cast. WWZ I thought was going to bomb so WWZ was the bigger surprise for me

Edited by Robert Muldoon
  • Like 1

Johnn Y said people were breaking into banks and government buildings, students were hiding in universities and a million were on the streets. That sounds pretty bad.

some isolated cases, really. 

It's the opposite for me. No one was expecting above a 50m opening for WWZ let alone 60m. Most users had Now You See Me in the 20's for opening weekend. WWZ made my jaw drop. I had it at about 40m personally.

I had a lot of confidence in WWZ, but it is performing beyond the most optimistic expectations. I am glad it is doing this well and Brad Pitt deserves a lot of credit for promoting it so effectively. 

• Like 1

I had a lot of confidence in WWZ, but it is performing beyond the most optimistic expectations. I am glad it is doing this well and Brad Pitt deserves a lot of credit for promoting it so effectively. 

Yeah he took it to the streets. Showed up at screenings. He worked hard getting it out there.

I had a feeling NYSM would break out due to the intriguing trailer that sets up a an interesting mystery and chase plot  and All Star Cast. WWZ I thought was going to bomb so WWZ was the bigger surprise for me

I always thought WWZ has an amazing trailer. I predicted to open huge, $50M low end, $75M high end, but dropping precipitously like PROMETHEUS to less than $110M.  I never thought this could do more than $150M. 

Edited by zackzack

Maybe it only works for Brad? Johnny & Channing also did show up for screenings for TLR & WHD but to no avail. 

Ah man, lol. But I will say Brad was his own street team. He did a lot of promotion all over the world. Not sure how much Johnny and Tatum did.

Edited by ECSTASY

Ah man, lol. But I will say Brad was his own street team. He did a lot of promotion all over the world. Not sure how much Johnny and Tatum did.

tatum only did 1 week promo Schedule. he was busy with Jupiter ascending. Jamie did some promo too but he was busy with Spiderman 2 lol

i dont know how much johnny did.

• Like 1

tatum only did 1 week promo Schedule. he was busy with Jupiter ascending. Jamie did some promo too but he was busy with Spiderman 2 lol

i dont know how much johnny did.

Thanks Dragon. I knew about Brad Pitt because there was something in the news about it almost everyday. He was out there for like a month straight, lol.

Thanks Dragon. I knew about Brad Pitt because there was something in the news about it almost everyday. He was out there for like a month straight, lol.

dude was traveling everywhere. he did good job.

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 1

kind of weird that White House Down is a flop yet there is not much talk about it

Everyone blamed sony then everyone moved on lol. plus longer ranger came and distracted it lol

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 1