Mattrek

Tuesday #S: DM2 12.07M, TH 3.47M (actual),: Estimates: TLR 3.5, MU 3.2, WWZ 2.5

yeah we'll have to wait for the #s longer now when its soo down the table :(need my celebtration of beating HO3maybe this weekend

It'll happen today so celebrate tomorrow ;)Now You See Me $445,027 23% 1,606 -958 $277 $111,306,518The Hangover Part III $53,286 12% 338 61 $158 $111,355,106
  • Like 1

I saw it, thought it was similar to War of the Worlds, good first 2/3. Terrible last 1/3.

I hated War of the Worlds, so for me the two are not equal. This movie flows a lot more and has many surprises. Brad Pitt also does a much better job then Tom Cruise.
  • Like 1

I saw it, thought it was similar to War of the Worlds, good first 2/3. Terrible last 1/3.

The last third of WWZ was pretty good. Quite unique among zombie movies.

I give them huge props for going in a different direction.

• Like 3

It looks even better that it held nicely despite the loss of theaters.

It's going to lose another 500 - 700 theaters this weekend. Then it will lose about 1,000 theaters the next weekend due to the shitload of a new releases.

The way I look at DM2 v. TS3's run is a lot of the way I looked at two kids in my summer camp. One of them was wearing a Buzz Lightyear shirt, and the other was wearing a Minions shirt. I just think to myself, "That Buzz kid is the cool one, and the Minions kid is a loser." ;):P

It's going to lose another 500 - 700 theaters this weekend. Then it will lose about 1,000 theaters the next weekend due to the shitload of a new releases.

That's summer for you. It was bound to lose a ton of screens and this weekend as well to PR and GU2. Its still a good hold factoring in the TC loss.

Yeah MOS shed a lot more theaters than average last week

Yup. Almost 30% TC drop so that 47.3% hold from last Tuesday is damn good IMO. Much better than I expected.

Kevin Hart in free fall mode. How does any movie decrease on a Tuesday?

no Canada, however having said that majority films in USA increased over monday, across the board USA +8% over Mon and Can +95%

MOS is performing much better overall in Can than US

Edited by Rth

It'll happen today so celebrate tomorrow ;)Now You See Me $445,027 23% 1,606 -958 $277 $111,306,518The Hangover Part III $53,286 12% 338 61 $158 $111,355,106

woooo earlier than i thought!

nice nice

+ the 2nd biggest increase in the top 10! :wub:

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 1