Mattrek

Tuesday #S: DM2 12.07M, TH 3.47M (actual),: Estimates: TLR 3.5, MU 3.2, WWZ 2.5

So far this summer NYSM, TITE and WWZ have had good/great legs. The rest have been chopped due to the crowded summer.

Well, MU will have a better multiplier than WWZ so if you're going to include it on this list than MU should be on it since it opened bigger and with better legs. 

• Like 1

Great Tuesday for DM2. Hope it can take the top spot again this weekend.

DM2's $165.66 million opening week is the second biggest opening week for an animated film after TS3's $167.55 million. It ranks a bit higher in attendence. Wow.

Edited by Sogno

I dont think DM2 will have a problem getting the top spot back, great numbers for it and great numbers all around, seriously loving this summer and the fact that eventhough in general attendance is down, but yet this will be the most attended summer in around a decade, i love it.

Well, MU will have a better multiplier than WWZ so if you're going to include it on this list than MU should be on it since it opened bigger and with better legs.

Even Epic had a 3 multiplier though. Animated films are predisposed to good legs, so I didn't include any in that list.

Great Tuesday for DM2. Hope it can take the top spot again this weekend.DM2's $165.66 million opening week is the second biggest opening week for an animated film after TS3's $167.55 million. It ranks a bit higher in attendence. Wow.

That's what I find most impressive. TS3 completed many peoples childhood and DM2 still beat it in attendance. It goes to show how big DM has become as a franchise. Legs will be the key now.

That's what I find most impressive. TS3 completed many peoples childhood and DM2 still beat it in attendance. It goes to show how big DM has become as a franchise. Legs will be the key now.

I can't really see DM2 managing to top TS3 is overall run attendance by more than a little (possible but slim) but that isn't to downplay how incredible this is. Animated films as a whole these past few years were on a big decrease in attendance from the earlier 2000s, so DM2 managing to help buck that trend is just awesome and well deserved.

Edited by Sogno

Well the minions are a bona-fife cult phenomenon.
  • Like 1