Mattrek

Tuesday #S: DM2 12.07M, TH 3.47M (actual),: Estimates: TLR 3.5, MU 3.2, WWZ 2.5

It really sux when RTH doesn't post numbers.

It does but I'm just appreciative when he does because it's a lot of work for him.

Bigger question is, what the hell happened to early estimate by ERC? It's like they're on a vacation. Hopefully, they'll start posting early daily estimates again.  

• Like 1

MoS missing 300m will be a good thing! The message would be sent to WB/DC to boot that out of touch hack Goyer.

Yeah that "message" won't come across. Hate to break it to ya. Its a big hit regardless if its crack $300M and they're not messing with a winning team/formula.

Edited by filmnerdjamie

MoS missing 300m will be a good thing! The message would be sent to WB/DC to boot that out of touch hack Goyer.

Yeah that "message" won't come across. Hate to break it to ya. Its a big hit regardless if its crack $300M and they're not messing with a winning team/formula.

Hmm. I don't think it'll miss $300m. With that said, I do think they should listen the public and the critics and drop Goyer, since the script and screenplay were the biggest complaints people have with the film. The "winning formula" won't help them if MoS2 isn't leaps and bounds better than MoS. TASM's producers listened to the fans and changed what it was needed for the sequel, the screenwriter included. It seems that it'll pay off big time. I'm not sure why Warner couldn't do the same thing to improve their "winning team/formula", since it seems to me that it wasn't as much of a winning team/formula as some are trying to make it look. All you need to do is see how much people - even those who liked the film - have problems with the screenplay. 

There's nothing wrong addressing criticism and trying to improve your sequel, you know. Humbleness can make wonders for a sequel.

• Like 1

I remember when showbizdaily gave out "early" (read: 10 AM) estimates.

Unfortunately, they belly-upped. We really need ERC to start giving us early numbers again. 

Also, I concur Goyer is a hack and needs to be fired asap.  :D

• Like 1

Did he really write BATMAN BEGINS?

He did so maybe potential is there for him to write a great script for MOS2. Jonathan Nolan should come in to help him.  :D

Edited by druv10

Jonah Nolan wrote Terminator: Salvation. His involvement isn't guaranteed gold.

I'm pretty sure Salvations story wasn't bad. Everything about the movie was overall bad but the story made sense.Personally, I enjoyed Salvation.

Jonah Nolan wrote Terminator: Salvation. His involvement isn't guaranteed gold.

Jonah Nolan didnt write Salvation, it was a boast from mcg who also said james cameron helped him make the movie. Jonahs involvement was fixing less than 20 percent of the script which is why his name is not in the credits. Go look by the writing team and tell me if you see Jonah Nolans name

Goyer isn't the only problem with the movie, it's Synder's as well. Synder is equally at fault for the poor script at the end since the director is responsible for adding or removing certain elements of the script. The Nolan / Goyer pair did well for the TDK trilogy.