film2kz

Wednesday Numbers (Mojo)

Can someone explain to me why Hollywood would open three kids movies against each other on the same weekend? That just makes no sense. While they are at it, how about in 2015 open Harry Potter and Transformers prequels on the July 4 holiday. Idiots.

Nikki's numbers are always based on extrapolations. Personally, I find the number big regardless of what it is. The Muppets hasn't been relevant in more than two decades. The fact that it will make north of 40 mill for the five day is a testmament to the marketing. From appearing in commercials before the movies, telling you to be quiet during the film, to SNL to Monday Night Raw it has targeted a lot of demos and to me it has paid off. I think this is a very positive number and one that will result in a push for 180-200 mill.

Can someone explain to me why Hollywood would open three kids movies against each other on the same weekend? That just makes no sense. While they are at it, how about in 2015 open Harry Potter and Transformers prequels on the July 4 holiday.Idiots.

I wouldn't count "The Muppets" as a kids movie. It's more of a cult movie for an older crowd, that grew up with the TV-Show.And it may be an odd schedule, but you can't just blame the schedule for the numbers. If you look back, what "Rapunzel" and "Harry Potter" did combined last year, you can imagine, what might be possible for family movies over Thanksgiving weekend, if they actually want to see that movie. Edited by Poseidon

I wouldn't count "The Muppets" as a kids movie. It's more of a cult movie for an older crowd, that grew up with the TV-Show.And it may be an odd schedule, but you can't just blame the schedule for the numbers. If you look back, what "Rapunzel" and "Harry Potter" did combined last year, you can imagine, what might be possible for family movies over Thanksgiving weekend, if they actually want to see that movie.

Muppets is a kids movie. Parents will be happy to see it too,but it is aimed at kids. And I'm not blaming anything. I think the numbers for Muppets are good. I don't think it's a bad number at all.

Muppets is a kids movie. Parents will be happy to see it too,but it is aimed at kids. And I'm not blaming anything. I think the numbers for Muppets are good. I don't think it's a bad number at all.

So you spoof movies like "Paranormal Activity", "Hangover 2" and "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", if you promote a kids movie?

$2.4M opening day WED for #ArthurChristmas heading to mid teens for 5 days. Intense competition for kids now.

From boxofficeguru

I just hope that AC hits 20M over the 5 days.

It is also opening in Portugal against Imortals and the 2nd weekend of Twilight. Insane weekend here, too.

Edited by CJohn