film2kz

Wednesday Numbers (Mojo)

Ewww, numbers yesterday were terrible... *sigh* In retrospect though, I was a bit tooo optimistic for the Muppets, but considering that it will out gross the entire runs of the last 3 movies in its opening weekend.... (unadjusted of course)

And I personally think this is an example of how badly the anti 3D aspect has hit particularly since there are 5 Major Movies out right now that are mostly 3D only, that coupled with weak fall fair to get trailers viewed and an overall down/lackluster year at the movies = blah holiday season, I hope that the studios take note of this for the next couple of years

as usual i'm super confused by your reactions to BD numbers, its a weekday! what exactly were you expecting like numbers 18-20m$?just wondering, coz among fans of the films reactions are very good esp given it wasnt many fav book of the series, i personally love it (its my third fav of series behind twilight and eclipse) and we're all planning on seeing it again and again, but i guess that's only us fans and general public might not be as interested!also would like to add, in my theatre BD1 was banned to kids under 14 even if film was pg13, at one point during the film security came in and made two young girls leave as they were clearly underage! so i'm wondering if this isnt a factor in its box office the tweens can't get in to see it! people might still want to believe that twilight is geared towards tweens and teenagers but crowd so far has been young adults and older women !at any rate i'll repeat the general consensus BD is not a fan favorite yet many fans are surprised they actually like the movie knowing that fact, i believe it will make it to 300m$, its doing similar numbers to other entries in the saga!

• Like 1

No, but past Wednesday's before Thanksgiving usually see bigger increases. NM increased over 25% in 2009, and DH1 over 40% in 2010, yet, BD1 can't even manage 15%...

From the looks of it Wednesday in general was muted. Edited by druv10

Once again i ask- based on these numbers, how much do you think the three openers and BD1 will get for the 3-day weekend? please, i need an answer.

BD1 - 100MMuppets - 65MHugo - 35MArthur Christmas - 50M :P;) Edited by CJohn

Why the fuck did Jack & Jill increase basically the most?God, who the hell watches that kind of shit.

True story:I was bbming my sister in the law the other day. She asked me about BD1 and then she said: "I saw Jack and Jill, very very funny. I laughed a lot."I hated it, but others didn't.

I'm not American, but is this weekend Thanksgiving weekend? Is this considered the 3rd biggest movie weekend after 4th of July/Memorial day?

It is Thanksgiving weekend, but lately it hasn't been as big as the week before it because they've been releasing Twilight and Harry Potter movies that weekend.Biggest weekends so far this year have been Memorial, July 15, and last weekend.

Can someone explain to me why Hollywood would open three kids movies against each other on the same weekend? That just makes no sense. While they are at it, how about in 2015 open Harry Potter and Transformers prequels on the July 4 holiday. Idiots.

Makes no sense. 1 or 2 could survive but 3 is absolutely ridiculous.

True story:I was bbming my sister in the law the other day. She asked me about BD1 and then she said:"I saw Jack and Jill, very very funny. I laughed a lot."I hated it, but others didn't.

But it's still doing less than Sandler's previous films. And 100M is a pretty hard reach for this considering a lot of films drop hard the week and weekend after Thanksgiving unless it was released on that holiday.I'm curious as to who it's really catering to. The first set of weekdays compared to its first weekend suggested it was playing toward families, but last weekend it had a higher Friday than Sunday when most normal family films it's the reverse. If it's the Sandler diehards, I think it's demonstrated a decline in fanbase numbers.