#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

the general consensus view is bay's movies are awful, but play to GA(big explosions, soppy romance, corny /campy /fun dialogue, good looking girls, thrills and epic scale)

thats why he is still one of the most sought after today.

general consensus view would be the general audience view.

I do not like Bay. The best grade I have given a Bay movie is a C+.

• Like 1

Pitch Perfect is doing exactly for Anna Kendrick what Easy A did for Emma Stone.

A not widely successful movie with a cult following that is doing a killing on video/vod/blu ray.

She is becoming a legitimate star and she nabs major roles now.

Agree! Cups is a pop culture phenomenon and it managed to finally enter the Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 this week several months since Pitch Perfect's release. I think Anna has a remote chance of getting a Grammy nod (thinking of Pop Vocal Performance)

Pitch Perfect 2 will definitely be big, so much goodwill for the first one

general consensus view among critics..re bay - would be the best statement then...

general audiences haven't got any film training or studies, so don't know shit whether movie is good or bad..see cinemascores for this point..they just go to a movie if it appeals to them.

critics have trained their whole life re movies.

Edited by Halba
  • Like 1

Really? I'm the total opposite. Bay sounds like he's a nightmare for some of his actors. 

Bay has the biggest heart in Hollywood. And to my knowledge, he didn't order anyone to be banned from a forum just because that person was against casting of his buddy actors.

Transformers fans attacking Pacific Rim over the next few weeks is gonna be entertaining.

What reason do TF fans have to "attack" PR ones? TF is clearly the more successful movie by far, and the GA obviously liked TF a lot more. If anything PR fans will want to attack TF ones out of jealousy.

BAY is a freaking visual genius with a soft spot for toilet humour ( his Achilles heel).

He will be studied for decades to come by film historians.

And Kurtzman and Orci, another Achielles heel for all directors who work with them.

• Like 1

Really? I'm the total opposite. Bay sounds like he's a nightmare for some of his actors. 

Like all the actors who have come back to work with him again, 2 and even 3 times.

There's also another incident Fish is talking about.  When that Serbian (or something like that) girl threw her puppy in the raging river to watch it die and then recorded it and put it on You Tube, Bay offered a reward for her identity and arrest.  

He's a decent guy, or so it would seem.

What reason do TF fans have to "attack" PR ones? TF is clearly the more successful movie by far, and the GA obviously liked TF a lot more. If anything PR fans will want to attack TF ones out of jealousy.

If anything, TF made giant robots approachable to mainstream. So PR cannot really say GA rejected the unknown. More like they figured from trailers (rightly or wrongly, that's debatable depending on your taste) that they are getting more of the same except at night instead of day.

• Like 3

Is it possible to love both Bay & Del Toro ?

Is this fanboy warfare really necessary ?

what ever the hate of bay

his Tformers 4 will break 1.2billion gross next year. it will exceed im3. he could even get 1.4billion. i can't fault his result.

GDT will be lucky pac rim crosses 350m WW mark.

there is no comparison. the debate should end.

Edited by Halba