#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

But Tangled was just a few K's away from 200m. Fudging was incredibly convenient. Looks like MoS will miss 300m by at least 5-6m. WB didn't even fudge TDKR to 450m, when that was just 2m away.

I see. Could Puerto Rico help?

Should stuck to my original final prediction for OW. Still hoping it can leg it to 4x but anything above 3x would be a victory however small.

Whoever said an Oblivion type opening was pretty close. Forgot who said it though.

I'm definitely on team Transformers over team PR. The first Transformers does that type of movie better than few others. I hate the sequels, but the first one is an absolute joy of a summer popcorn film. PR only succeeds at the action for me.

TF07 has heart, and that's the main thing that sets it apart from PR.  In terms of feel, PR is more akin to ROTF, heartless and soulless (though it's not crass, crude and lewd). 

Oh c'mon. :rotfl:

I'm basically a Nolanite and I challenge anyone to claim any of his big blockbusters are remotely close to the nuance, depth, and insight into the human condition that's required for that.

then you are not a Nolanite. :stirthepot:

• Like 2

I said it one time so I'm totally taking the credit for this.

Go right ahead. Somebody else said Super 8 which was quite close as well. Original sci fi just has a ceiling I guess.

I know Pacific Rim wasn't exactly female-friendly, but come on ladies! 

That ain't ladies' fault! Where's shirtless Elba? Why isn't Rinko in love with Elba?

Those two things would have been major draws for women. As it is, no cigar.