#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Why is it unwanted?  

I'm not trying to be a pain, I'm really curious.  The first did so much better than any of us really thought it did.  

What is it you Americans say, lightning don't strike twice? They made a fun flick, and should have left it at that.

Adam Sandler movies have been playing non stop on cable this weekend. Zohan is on now. Its not even a guilty pleasure of mine, I like it, and im not ashamed.

LOL why would you be ashamed?

What is it you Americans say, lightning don't strike twice? They made a fun flick, and should have left it at that.

I'm Canadian so I have no idea what you are talking about.  :)

• Like 1

Yes but what is it about Nolan and his movies that create militant behavior?

Lol, we cannot talk about every impassioned Nolanite in the same vein as the Aurora loonie. In Whatshisname's case, I think he was an insecure social misfit seeking attention who became incredibly enamored with the Joker's character from TDK (not surprising as the character was far more glorified than even Batman in the film, even the nature of his ultimate defeat left up to ambiguity).

Regarding the rest of Nolan's fanbase, I have noticed a pattern of many pseudo-intellectuals jump on his bandwagon immediately after TDK/Inception. I am not saying that every person who noticed Nolan because of TDK or Inception is a pseudo intellectual, but from what I have seen, a lot of people converted to "Nolanism" after those two films just because they liked the concept of intelligence without actually bothering to find out what it was all about. Which is why they jare ever enthusiastic at attacking those who criticize his movies, even ones like TDKR which fully deserve criticism, simply because they don't really get how unintelligent and un-Nolan that movie actually was when compared to the rest of his work. Just my observations as a Nolan fan much before the TDK/Inception phenom (yeah ok, I am a total hipster, being into Chris before he was cool and all that!)

I'm not a Sandler fan at all, but ZOHAN is kinda awesome.

The Israeli music that plays when he goes into Zohan mode always made me laugh. Pretty much got me to see the movie. If the movie was more like the first 10 minutes/last 10 minutes, it would have been Sandler's best comedy in years.

• Like 1