#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Clone Wars lasted 108 episodes though. :bop:

It was a Star Wars show. It had a huge amount of merchandising as a result.

CN has cancelled shows like Young Justice and Green Lantern, because of shitty or no merchandising (Young Justice’s merchandising was crap).

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

Ah, and we were bonding so nicely on our Anna Kendrick love.  j/k. :lol:

HBO has many great shows though ... The Wire, The Sopranos, Deadwood, Carnivale, Six Feet Under, Oz, etc.

Rome is one of the best. A masterpiece that was cancelled far far too early.

• Like 1

The Wire Season 4 is better than any season of any show in the history of television. ;)

... bold statement ... but it's that awesome. ;)

I've not seen every show in history, so it's hyperbole. :)

Make that season 3 and I would agree. Once I was done watching season 3 it took me some time to get back to watching the show. Season 3 just seemed like a perfect series finale if needed. The main storylines from the first 2 seasons were all wrapped up, and once 

Stringer was killed and Avon was sent back to prison

it just felt like the 2 main antagonists and McNulty had all reached a logical point in their narrative where they could be left as is.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Rome is one of the best. A masterpiece that was cancelled far far too early.

You know, Rome is like the one HBO show I should have liked that I never got into ... I should pick up the DVD sets as you can find them under $20 most places. 

Also, Big Love was a big bore for me as I quit after like 3 or 4 episodes ... and never really committed to True Blood.

In general though, I love all HBO drama series from 1999-2008

Edited by Adam

You know, Rome is like the one HBO show I never got into ... I should pick up the DVD sets as you can find them under $20 most places. 

Also, Big Love was a big bore for me as I quit after like 3 or 4 episodes ... and never really committed to True Blood.

In general though, I love all HBO drama series from 1999-2008

The first few episodes take a while to get into, but like Game of Thrones, it built up masterfully to the season finale. Season 2 is great in its own right, just heavily condensed since they knew they were on borrowed time.

Make that season 3 and I would agree. Once I was done watching season 3 it took me some time to get back to watching the show. Season 3 just seemed like a perfect series finale if needed. The main storylines from the first 2 seasons were all wrapped up, and once 

Stringer was killed and Avon was sent back to prison

it just felt like the 2 main antagonists and McNulty had all reached a logical point in their narrative where they could be left as is.

Season 3 is a close 2nd for me.

4, 3, 1, 2, 5 (5 was really weak in terms of the newspaper aspect ...)

Sopranos is my current hbo fav but got has the chance to top it if it keeps the quality going.

The Sopranos has always been 1a or 1b with The Wire for me. 

Game of Thrones is also awesome, but feels a level below those two shows for me so far.

Well, that sounds stupid on CN's part. Still, I will watch the 20 episodes sometime soon.

CN seems to hate action shows.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a revival though since it did great on AdultSwim's Toonami. However, I doubt Tartakovsky wants to come back to TV. :/

The Sopranos has always been 1a or 1b with The Wire for me. 

Game of Thrones is also awesome, but feels a level below those two shows for me so far.

Glad you like Game of Thrones. ;)

Edited by Mojoguy

Glad you like Game of Thrones. ;)

Yes, I watch every week ... but not quite as loved by me as some of the older dramas on HBO. 

Best they've done in years though.

Ah, I see you edited your post, so I changed it. :)

Edited by Adam

Elba is swag incarnate, hopefully Heimdall kicks some serious ass in Thor 2.

Posted Image

Such a fine man  :wub:

Yup yup, Marvel should definitely give him his time to shine in TDW, he'll kick serious ass  B)

• Like 2