baumer

Tues #s RTH

LOL You guys are calling the GA stupid for not watching Pacific Rim? You got to realize most people don't even know what a kaiju is let alone it being something people will be interested in.  That doesn't make people stupid or dumb. Sorry it just didn't catch on. And having seen the movie, I don't think it was that interesting anyway.  But that's just me.

By calling GA stupid, doesnot exactly mean GA are stupid, but just a quick way to sum up how disappointing GA are. They sometimes just dont support the right movies ...

Edited by firedeep

This Week's Predictions -(Note: Because the final theater counts may play a large part in this weekend's box office, check back on Thursday night for final projections.)1. Turbo (DreamWorks Animation/Fox) - $33.0 million N/A2. The Conjuring (New Line/WB) - $28.0 million N/A 3. RED 2 (Summit Entertainment) - $25.5 million N/A4. Despicable Me 2 (Universal) - $24 million -45%5. Pacific Rim (Legendary/WB) - $17.8 million -52%6. Grown Ups 2 (Sony) - $17.5 million -58%7. R.I.P.D. (Universal) - $14.8 million N/A8. The Heat (20th Century Fox) - $8 -43%9. Monsters University (Disney•Pixar) - $5.8 million -45%10. The Lone Ranger (Walt Disney Pictures) - $5.2 million -55%Comingsoon.net

Edited by #ED

By calling GA stupid, doesnot exactly mean GA are stupid, but just a way to sum up how disappointing GA are. They sometimes just dont support the right movies ...

LOL there are no "right" movies. People pay their money to see what they want to see. It's that simple.

• Like 3

PR looked terribly unappealing until a week before his release date when WB shifted marketing towards the humans instead of just robots and monsters.

• Like 3

if Michael Bay's name was attached to Pacific Rim, all these pretentious movie critics and fanboys will rip the movie apart, but since its del toro these people overhyping like it some great cinema.

Come on, PR haters, post something original. You've been singing this same song since December.
  • Like 6

if Michael Bay's name was attached to Pacific Rim, all these pretentious movie critics and fanboys will rip the movie apart, but since its del toro these people overhyping like it some great cinema.

well I think there is little doubt many are going easier on it since it is from Del  Toro

That's not the problem. The problem is why GA flock in droves to see Transformers (GA don't listen to negative critics that piled on that) and shrug shoulders over PR (good critics or not because loud and big summer blockbuster is critic-proof like TF trilogy proved) even if it is made to catter to them like Transformers. GA don't listen to critics at all when they want their big actiony popcorn blockbusters so why Transformers and not Pacific Rim?

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Come on, PR haters, post something original. You've been singing this same song since December.

im not a PR haters. I hate people saying if someone watches a negative reviewed movie by movie critics, people are stupid or lost respect for humanity. WTF!  thats all PR fans been saying.

• Like 1

That's not the problem. The problem is why GA flock in droves to see Transformers (GA don't listen to negative critics that piled on that) and shrug shoulders over PR (good critics or not because loud and big summer blockbuster is critic-proof like TF trilogy proved) even if it is made to catter to them like Transformers.

Because everybody had Transformers when they were kids. It's a beloved toy and cartoon. People know and love the Transformers.  It's not that hard.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

Because everybody had Transformers when they were kids. It's not that hard.

Really? I never had Transformers toys and didn't give a damn about them until the movie came out. You mean Transformers was such an iconic staple in american pop culture that an adaptation was always prone to be a massive hit. I doubt that...Transformers was a hard sell to GA on the verge of being ridiculous and ridiculed for decades. Even Bay was reluctant about doing that "Hasbro kiddie stuff".

Edited by dashrendar44

That makes no sense. It would be a totally different film if Bay had made it.

• Like 1

Really? I never had Transformers toys and didn't give a damn about them until the movie came out. You mean Trasnformers was such a staple in american pop culture that it was always prone to be a massive hit. I doubt that...Transformers was a hard sell to GA. Even Bay was reluctant about doing it.

Those are your words. I didn't say that was a guarantee. I'm saying that's what happened.

Those are your words. I didn't say that was a guarantee. I'm saying that's what happened.

No, Transformers didn't break out because everybody got Transformers toys during childhood. I'm the living proof. I saw families and grown ups that were already over 20 in the eighties going to see it. Michael Bay made it relevant to a broader audience that's all because that broad audience were not all Transformers fanboys at the core.

Edited by dashrendar44

No, Transformers didn't break out because everybody got Transformers toys during childhood. I'm the living proof. I saw families and grown ups that were already over 20 in the eighties going to see it. Michael Bay made it relevant to a broader audience that's all because that broad audience were not all Transformers fanboys at the core.

Dude. The point is, people knew about Transformers. They don't know shit about Kaiju.  You can argue this until the cows come in.

Transformers were already a popular brand. Period. There's no comparison. 

• Like 2