Wed 3.3M (-25%)

Thu 3.1M (-7%)

Fri 4.6M (+50%)

Sat 5.6M (+20%)

Sun 4.5M (-20%)

14.7M 

66.8M after 10 days

Being conservative

I doubt it drops that much Wednesday. IMAX softened the increase on Tuesday. It'll soften Wednesdays drop too.

Yet still just 120M, way less than its 160m dom ...  ;)

Considering how domestic comedies do abroad generally speaking, that isn't viewed as "just" $120M. That's a big foreign gross and its likely Grown Ups 2 can increase considering how brand-names do overseas. 

• Like 1

I doubt it drops that much Wednesday. IMAX softened the increase on Tuesday. It'll soften Wednesdays drop too.

I did see it at 3.8m on Wednesday, 3.6m on Thursday and about a 16m to 17m weekend myself. But who knows.

Edited by aliadiere29

Considering how domestic comedies do abroad generally speaking, that isn't viewed as "just" $120M. That's a big foreign gross and its likely Grown Ups 2 can increase considering how brand-names do overseas. 

Plus it'll get great legs, because it's an amazing movie. Just ask the GA.

Edited by TMP

The right American comedy can make much more OS, like Ted or The Hangovers.

• Like 1

It's just sad that people are more forgiving crap for everyone but Del Toro when he actually does a typical summer popcorn blockbuster with its typical flaws (dull lead actor, the pacing, muddy environments that can blurry the sight) and strengths (over the top action, set pieces, iconic robots/monsters) GA don't bother to give a shit even if Del Toro tries his hardest to catter to them crafting an enjoyable piece of action entertainment. Despite being below his best works, it doesn't deserve that much disinterest not being worse than any past summer blockbusters hits.(Yeah I'm looking at you DMC and TF2)

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 4

It's just sad people are more forgiving crap for everyone but Del Toro when he actually does a typical summer popcorn blockbuster with its typical flaws (dull lead actor, the pace, muddy environments that can blurry the sight) and strengths (over the top action, set pieces, iconic robots/monsters) GA don't bother to give a shit even if Del Toro tries his hardest to catter to them crafting an enjoyable piece of action entertainment. Despite being if its below his best works, it doesn't deserve that much disinterest not being worse than any past summer blockbusters hits.(Yeah I'm looking at you DMC and TF2)

It’s not really Del Toro’s fault though. The feud between Legendary Pictures and Warner Brothers did no favors for the film (and I expect it to affect Seventh Son and Gozilla as well).

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

It’s not really Del Toro’s fault though. The feud between Legendary Pictures and Warner Brothers did no favors for the film.

It's similar to what doomed Rise Of The Guardians last November.

Also, some people use the word 'lock' way to casually. PR isn't set for >$100m, nor is Grown Ups 2 < $120m. (I will admit that the latter is very likely, though.)

• Like 1

Not a given. Opened solid in SK and Russia, yes. Likely to be big in China and should do fine in Japan.Everywhere else #s are meh at best; UK OW is $3.3m, that's below AE opening.Reaching $400 WW could be a bumpy ride.

Yea but 400 WW is going to be way bigger than GU2 WW, and that was the point he was making.   :)

Grown Ups 2 will make over $150m with good legs.....

Posted Image

IMO, there is no way it makes more than 140.  Legs, imo, will be much shorter this time around.

It's similar to what doomed Rise Of The Guardians last November.

Also, some people use the word 'lock' way to casually. PR isn't set for >$100m, nor is Grown Ups 2 < $120m. (I will admit that the latter is very likely, though.)

Why exactly was Rise of the Guardians doomed because of the studio?

Plus it'll get great legs, because it's an amazing movie. Just ask the GA.

The GA is relegated to a bunch of loonies this time around.  There are only so many PR loonies to go around.  Legs, imo, will be average for a summer film, 2.8-3 maybe.  I personally don't see more than 120 mill.

PR projections

Tue 4.4M

Wed 3.3M (-25%)

Thu 3.1M (-7%)

Fri 4.6M (+50%)

Sat 5.6M (+20%)

Sun 4.5M (-20%)

14.7M 

66.8M after 10 days

Being conservative

It should do more than 14.7M for the weekend. 20M seems a bit much but over 15M is very reachable. I am thinking 18M

• Like 1

For the people disappointed in PR's numbers, what "should" it be making?

I think if it would have opened closer to WWZ, people would have been happy.  It's the budget, the summer release and the man in teh director's chair that had people thinking it would be huge.