CJohn

The Conjuring 2 | June 10, 2016 | Let the RT Watch commence.

25M OD

55 OW

110M Total

overreacted?

The first one had incredible WOM and a 3.3x multiplier. Yeah, this will be more froantloaded but even so, a 2x multiplier is unlikely. That's Paranormal Activity level and it's not going to happen. The OW sounds good though.

• Like 1

Why do you think that?

Well the first one broke out because of the reviews. This one probably won't have anywhere near as good of reviews. People won't be as excited. Conjuring opened big because people heard it was something special. This one will be just another horror film. It will still open well because of the brand but I see it decreasing.
  • Like 1

Well the first one broke out because of the reviews. This one probably won't have anywhere near as good of reviews. People won't be as excited. Conjuring opened big because people heard it was something special. This one will be just another horror film. It will still open well because of the brand but I see it decreasing.

I think the great wom of the first will help a lot. The core audience don't read/care about reviews imo.

• Like 1

I think the great wom of the first will help a lot. The core audience don't read/care about reviews imo.

Then why did the Conjuring open so big?Reviews don't effect movies much in a lot of cases, but in this case I think the reviews were well publicized and people bought in because of it. Edited by Ethan Hunt

I'm not sure how this works, but if Fast 7 is a critical success, is WB allowed to use that in their marketing (brought to you by the director of Fast 7 and the Conjuring), or because it is a different studio are they not allowed to do that?

Maybe it's a stupid question but whatever...

I'm not sure how this works, but if Fast 7 is a critical success, is WB allowed to use that in their marketing (brought to you by the director of Fast 7 and the Conjuring), or because it is a different studio are they not allowed to do that?

Maybe it's a stupid question but whatever...

mmh not sure about that..but it doesn't matter about him directing Fast 7..what's relevant is directing the 1st Conjuring and Saw and Insidious 1 and 2 and even Dead Silence

The first one was a runaway success. $137 million at the Box Office domestic, over $300 million worldwide and 86% on Rotten Tomatoes.

If they can deliver another well received film I see no reason why it can't increase over the first one. Which I loved by the way.

• Like 1

The first one had incredible WOM and a 3.3x multiplier. Yeah, this will be more froantloaded but even so, a 2x multiplier is unlikely. That's Paranormal Activity level and it's not going to happen. The OW sounds good though.

I see a chance to 110M, if the film is good it is almost certain