CJohn

The Conjuring 2 | June 10, 2016 | Let the RT Watch commence.

Hopefully they don't show all the scares in the trailer like they did with the first film. What a huge let down.

People are tired of supernatural horror movies, I think this will be the last hit in the genre for a while.

No way it does more than the first film though. Ring to Ring 2 type drop.

Hopefully they don't show all the scares in the trailer like they did with the first film. What a huge let down.

People are tired of supernatural horror movies, I think this will be the last hit in the genre for a while.

No way it does more than the first film though. Ring to Ring 2 type drop.

Or, if it's a movie you know you are gonna see, you could try not watching any trailers. Edited by Boner Omega

I don't get why you're so sure that It will decrease, Ethan :thinking:

Sometimes Ethan just gets stuck on a movie. His "Minions will open to 85M max" statement was made in every single thread, it got to a point where I was happy Minions was released just so that statement stops being made everywhere.

• Like 1

Sometimes Ethan just gets stuck on a movie. His "Minions will open to 85M max" statement was made in every single thread, it got to a point where I was happy Minions was released just so that statement stops being made everywhere.

Despicable Me 3 will open to 75M max :ph34r:

Very early and absolutely bound to change at some point prediction.

50/105

This is...probably reasonable.

The first was liked.

And while nobody knows James Wan...I just can't shake the feeling that having someone coming off Furious 7 directing and the first being really the most impressive horror film box office performance in years...it's gonna open big.

But...it's a sequel. It'll fall. But still do well. Honestly I could see it opening potentially even bigger. Him being where he is, the marketing push is gonna be big. The legs will probably be on par with what you're saying nonetheless. But the opening...50m seems at minimum. Unless the trailers suck.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

The movie was just flat out good.. If that makes it overrated, then oh well.. Can't change the fact that they knocked it out of the park with this, but I still would've went with a different case like Amityville for the sequel: The 1 case the Warrens won't discuss..

I wouldn't say it was necessarily good, it just wasn't shit and that's rare nowadays hence it did well

The Conjuring was the film that rekindled my interest in horrorfilms. None of the elements used in the movie were really new but still I was scared in a way I was not for years. Perhaps it helped that I didn't see any trailer before because it was an advice of a friend months after its release.

And look at Annabelle whose opening many people underpredicted by far (like me).

I also wouldn't be surprised if this film would open bigger than its predecessor (if the trailer is not too bad). The legs of the film depend on its quality, we will see.

Edited by el sid

A&E is doing a three-part miniseries on the Enfield haunting premiering this October.

EDIT: Apparently it originally aired in the UK this past May.

ENFIELD_HAUNTING_300x445.jpg

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/09/28/a-e-to-premiere-three-part-supernatural-miniseries-the-enfield-haunting-october-9/472476/

Edited by Taylor