Gopher

Thursday Numbers: The Wolverine - 4m midnights

Gopher hit the nail on the head- it's pretty much what Captain America and Thor did, and it's reasonable to expect a very similar OW

Except Wolverine is a sequel (no matter how shitty Origins is), which could lead to more upfront demand than those two.  Who knows though.

I don't see it reaching 60 million with a 4 million midnight. 

Edited by Adam

Come on. Origin was at the peak of XMen and Wolverine popularity.

I don't know why people are using Origin's #'s against The Wolverine.  This film is the 6th Entry in the franchise.  Plus if anything Origins hurt The Wolverine as many people see it as forgettable and it's only been 4 years. 

• Like 2

"The Wolverine" budget has more to do with filming in Japan than anything else.  

Regardless of where it was shot, 100 million is a very impressive for a comic book adaptation.

I would have expected the budget to be 150 million at the least to be honest.

No wonder the budget isn't MASSIVE ... I mean it's not like they're likely paying much for actors outside of Jackman ... I just IMDB'd the movie and I can honestly say I've only ever heard of Jackman & Famke

Plus, from the trailers, doesn't look like huge set pieces in comparison to other big budget films.

Edited by Adam