Gopher

Thursday Numbers: The Wolverine - 4m midnights

I'm glad for jackamn. FC really suffered without him. Fassy and McAvoy are fine but no match.

It was funny, everyone was wondering who was going to play the "Young" Wolverine in 1st Class.  And they didn't even need to do that since Wolverine has lived for so long.  So they just slid Jackman in a cameo.  I liked 1st Class cause of it's cerebral nature and Fassbender and McAvoy had amazing dialogue and chemistry.  It's going to be great to see everyone together on "Days of Future Past".  I really think this movie could work and end up being 2 X-men movies in one.  So the length will probably be well past 2 hours. 

I really want to see what Prisoners does with Jackman as the main selling point. I think he's an underrated box office superstar, but it's hard to tell with his main hits being X-Men related or Les MIs. 

• Like 2

It blew me and my audience away.

I can't help but think The Wolverine was just filler until DOFP was done. Fox has to make a movie to keep the rights.  No easier way to do it than throw their most popular character into a lower budgeted movie where the risk of loss is minimal.

• Like 2

I can't help but think The Wolverine was just filler until DOFP was done. Fox has to make a movie to keep the rights.  No easier way to do it than throw their most popular character into a lower budgeted movie where the risk of loss is minimal.

It also helps that they made a good enough movie that, while not near as good as FC, kept the momentum going and has made up for Origins and Last Stand. 

I really want to see what Prisoners does with Jackman as the main selling point. I think he's an underrated box office superstar, but it's hard to tell with his main hits being X-Men related or Les MIs. 

I don't think that Les Mis would do as well as it did without him. His name was a draw. The musical may be super-popular but Phantom of the Opera, arguably THE most popular musical ever, didn't see much profit from a total newcomer Rossum and pre-300 Butler.

• Like 2

The beach scene in first class where they get fired upon and debate on stopping it is probably my favorite X-Men scene, but the movie as a whole is below X1. I can't speak for X2 because I don't remember the last time I've seen it.