RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers

22mill is not bad at all. Its only bad when juxtaposing it to late tracking. If we stopped paying attention to tracking wed realize this is a good opening coming off last Wolverine. And if u look at pre summer predictions a 125-140 finish is where a lot had it.

• Like 2

Have you seen it?

Oh, no, I'm talking about the whole idea of releasing another Wolverine movie after the horrible Origins + the fact that the X-Men franchise seems to be slowly dying. But I guess they knew that, I mean, this movie cost $30 million less than Origins, they wouldn't spend a lot of money on this.

• Like 2

I don't think most people actually knew this was a sequel to X-Men 3.

Its not. Everyone knows Wolverine is in the Xmen universe. But the last Wolverine wasnt well liked so this pays the price.

Oh, no, I'm talking about the whole idea of releasing another Wolverine movie after the horrible Origins + the fact that the X-Men franchise seems to be slowly dying. But I guess they knew that, I mean, this movie cost $30 million less than Origins, they wouldn't spend a lot of money on this.

I personally think the reboot was brilliant and next summer DOFP will be one of the highest grossing films.

Its not. Everyone knows Wolverine is in the Xmen universe. But the last Wolverine wasnt well liked so this pays the price.

But do people really know this movie's events happen after the events of the main trilogy or they think it is a direct sequel to the shit movie from 2009?

Edited by CJohn

I personally think the reboot was brilliant and next summer DOFP will be one of the highest grossing films.

It is not a reboot. It is a prequel. FOX already said those movies are all in the same Universe.

Sandler is the nicest guy in the business, so I'm glad he's got a hit.  If people want to get away from their problems for a couple hours and watch a silly movie, more power to them.

Great for Conjuring.  Maybe I just don't scare easily, but I didn't find it more than creepy in a few spots.  It was really well done, though, and deserves it's success.

Wolverine is one of those movies where I had low expectations and was pleasantly surprised leaving the theater.  Much of the film was more of a character study than standard superhero fare.  Wish it had held that tone instead of the battle at the end.

• Like 4

It is not a reboot. It is a prequel. FOX already said those movies are all in the same Universe.

I apoligize for the wording. You are correct. Its a prequel. But it also "rebooted" the series.