RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers

Too early to tell especially since we don't know who will be Batman. If they get Bale back (Never say never, people), if its Levitt or its someone else together like Hammer or Manganiello.

I see the possibility of THE AVENGERS: AOU dropping but not really much.

You can't repeat that kind of business twice. $400M is locked, I'd say. Nothing past that.

OW isn't locked to pass the first 1.I see a 200M - 220M range.
  • Like 2

AoU could do 475-500 and would likely be labeled as a disappointment. (Not by me)

Not sure how.Only about 15 movies have grossed 400M+...Fuck the inflation talk.

• Founder / Operator

Far from it. Remember when The Dark Knight Rises was "locked" to break the 3 day (long before Avengers opened)?

I still think it would have handily topped DH2, but... I agree with your point.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 2

• Founder / Operator

How many sequels have had smaller OWs after their predecessor broke the OW record? Batman & Robin, Chamber of Secrets, and I think that's it?

As far as Friday openers, I think that's it (off the top of my head).

AWE probably wouldn't have reached DMC's OW though even with a regular Fri release, though.

Edited by ShawnMR

As far as Friday openers, I think that's it (off the top of my head).

AWE probably wouldn't have reached DMC's OW though even with a regular Fri release, though.

I just looked, Jurassic Park 3 as well (but TLW had... less than stellar WOM)

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I still would have loved to see what Phantom Menace, Sith, Spidey 2, Return of the King, etc. would have done with normal Friday openings. It's funny to think how much esteem is given to past OW record holders when they partially benefited from many other movies not opening on the "right" day.

• Like 3