kayumanggi

07.26 - 07.28 Weekend Actuals

I’m not surprised. 2 Guns looks like a lot of fun, and Washington generally does well when he’s paired with a younger actor.

Potential bad reviews (given that there are no reviews on Rotten Tomatoes) and a reported lack of theater count (I heard that Universal couldn’t secure 3000 theaters, WTF Universal) could damper it though.

Ya Universal always sucks when it comes to giving movies a lot of theaters and it honestly doesnt make any sense

Ya Universal always sucks when it comes to giving movies a lot of theaters and it honestly doesnt make any sense

I don’t understand it either. You have Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg in a movie, and apparently you get them a less theater count than R.I.P.D (though it could change this week).

What? Did Universal think Safe House's was a success because of Ryan Reynolds?

Of course this doesn't necessarily mean anything. Just look at Flight from last year. That movie did well despite being released in less than 2000 theaters on its opening weekend, and yet theater owners continue to show their lack of faith in Washington.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

Lets see if a Man of Steel re-release really happens at the Labor Day Weekend. Wouldn't be shocked if Disney grabs it before for The Lone Ranger. They usually expand their movies on Labor Day Weekend and The Lone Ranger is being released OS in IMAX (it will be released here in the format on August 8).

Lets see if a Man of Steel re-release really happens at the Labor Day Weekend. Wouldn't be shocked if Disney grabs it before for The Lone Ranger. They usually expand their movies on Labor Day Weekend and The Lone Ranger is being released OS in IMAX (it will be released here in the format on August 8).

considering now one is seeing Lone Ranger, why would they pay to see it in IMAX? Theaters should laugh at their face for suggesting that

considering now one is seeing Lone Ranger, why would they pay to see it in IMAX? Theaters should laugh at their face for suggesting that

It is Disney. I believe in everything :lol:

• Like 1

I usually like british films but Ben Wheatley's A Field in England, which was released simultaniously on dvd, at the theaters and on tv, has to be one of the worst things I've ever seen. How that shit got 88% at Rotten Tomatoes is beyond me. 

Edited by Jack Nevada