Gopher

The Interview | Limited Release on December 25, 2014

They should make it a Christmas present on PSN or something. Free HD download of the film.

Most people don't have PSN so I'm not sure that's really fair.

Don't know why they believed the terrorists, who now hold all the cards. They can just keep making demands and Sony will obey because they don't want this information to get out. They should have stood their ground.

Edited by treeroy

Sony should give the world a Christmas present by releasing The Interview on pretty much all digital platforms.

Because North Korea can't take down the Internet (though we can take down theirs).

But they could take down iTunes and Google Play...

This whole saga has gone from hilarious to juicy to troublesome to sad to disturbing. That the hackers have made a major Hollywood studio their bitch like this is horrifying.

To be honest, I can understand why Sony listened to them and actually cancelled the movie and are trying to remove any signs of its existence. The amount of data published so far is 0.2% of what has been leaked. I think far greater losses would be in store if all their data would get published. Also, someone mentioned insurance and the fact that if the movie gets scrapped totally it will get full insurance back (or something along those lines).

A small battle won in a huge war lost.

Edited by ChD

Also, someone mentioned insurance and the fact that if the movie gets scrapped totally it will get full insurance back (or something along those lines).

Apparently the insurance thing just got a bit harder for Sony:

Sony is going to have a tough time recouping the nearly $100 million spent on making and marketing its now-shelved movie, “The Interview,” experts said Thursday.

Despite the cyber-terrorist hackers’ threats of violence at theaters that showed the Seth Rogen and James Franco comedy, it would be hard to cash in on an insurance policy on terrorism claims, according to insurance consultant Eric Moody.

The term “act of terrorism” has to be certified by the federal government — and it usually needs the damage to have occurred within the US, said Moody, VP of Entertainment at Frankel & Associates, the Los Angeles brokerage with a focus on movie, TV and concert promoters.

While Sony has suffered damage to its infrastructure as a result of hackers who shut down the company’s communications network, the government has been careful about how it is describing those acts, he said.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/18/insurance-may-not-cover-sonys-100-million-interview-loss/

To be honest, I can understand why Sony listened to them and actually cancelled the movie and are trying to remove any signs of its existence. The amount of data published so far is 0.2% of what has been leaked. I think far greater losses would be in store if all their data would get published. Also, someone mentioned insurance and the fact that if the movie gets scrapped totally it will get full insurance back (or something along those lines).

A small battle won in a huge war lost.

Now that the hackers know they have Sony within their grasps, this won't even be close to the end of it. The demands will keep coming.

• Like 2

Anyone been to the IMDb page yet for this film? I don't take IMDb ratings seriously, but The Interview is at 10.0 with 6,563 votes and it has a shot at surpassing The Shawshank Redemption for #1.

Well done!

Edited by Saintarcher
  • Like 2