Gopher

The Interview | Limited Release on December 25, 2014

I wonder how plausible a BP nod actually is for it, especially given the already weak field. All it needs is 5% number 1 votes

Very unlikely. Getting 5% #1 votes might sound easy to get but it's not unless there's a campaign to be made

Pretty easy campaign given its getting front page headlines every day.

But under negative circumstances, The voters are from the industry and who knows maybe some of them were affected with the Sony leak of private information of employees, the movie has stigma. A campaign to "clean" this movie's image is needed to convince voters to vote and I doubt Sony will even  bother to do one with all their problems

• Like 1

Yeah, they should to see how this does (especially since the theater count is gonna grow throughout the day, I imagine) and if to does crazy business (like, an 80K average from how many theaters), then I imagine the major chains would cave into showing like next week.

• Like 1

Wait, people actually believe this will get nominated at the Oscars just because it's controversial? I doubt the Academy will suddenly start behaving like 13 year old kids who want to make North Korea jealous by voting this.

• Like 3

Wait, people actually believe this will get nominated at the Oscars just because it's controversial? I doubt the Academy will suddenly start behaving like 13 year old kids who want to make North Korea jealous by voting this.

Only 5% of the academy needs to behave like that.

• Like 2

Great, I'll be looking forward to seeing this reportedly mediocre movie when/if it reaches me. But the important thing is that the terrorists didn't win. The terrorists must never win, even if they are as hilariously pathetic as NK.

Edited by darkelf
  • Like 3