CJohn

Avatar: Fire and Ash | December 19, 2025 | RIP Jon Landau

On 2/7/2024 at 8:52 AM, WittyUsername said:

James Cameron’s always been the kind of director who likes to push the limits of technology in film. He’s never been a deep storyteller.  

Which is why , although I enjoyed most of his movies, I have never put him in the very top class of directors.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 10:59 AM, Eric Atreides said:

SO this will be the much talked about new Park for Disney World in Florida.

What cracks me up is all the Cameron fanboys who said he would never get along with Disney.

7 hours ago, dudalb said:

Which is why , although I enjoyed most of his movies, I have never put him in the very top class of directors.

depends on your definition of director

18 hours ago, dudalb said:

SO this will be the much talked about new Park for Disney World in Florida.

What cracks me up is all the Cameron fanboys who said he would never get along with Disney.

Uh this is concept art for Disneyland in California. Avatar has had a land in Florida's Animal Kingdom for over 5 years now.

My sincere condolences to family and friends of Jon Landau. May his soul rest in piece. 

He really was a tour de force on Cameron's movies. The guy practically did all the marketing and talking while James is busy making the film. He will be seriously missed by James. 

I think the lack of epic blockuster films lately will keep interest in avatar high

I am gonna assume we gonna have some epic fight to the death between the avatar and humans in an epic war which will keep people interested. 

Avatar 2 had a very small level story vs what they can do in 3 and 4. 

I wonder, if Cameron ever loses interest or is otherwise indisposed, unable to film parts 4 and 5...

Which of the current directors would be best equipped to mimic his style? Here i am not asking about people's favorite directors who would leave their own mark on the movies. But someone so good at mimicking Cameron as a director that most people could not tell the difference.

Personally, even though i have a few imperfect ideas, (kosinski, cuaron) i don't have a name who'd be a perfect fit.

24 minutes ago, eridani said:

I wonder, if Cameron ever loses interest or is otherwise indisposed, unable to film parts 4 and 5...

Which of the current directors would be best equipped to mimic his style? Here i am not asking about people's favorite directors who would leave their own mark on the movies. But someone so good at mimicking Cameron as a director that most people could not tell the difference.

Personally, even though i have a few imperfect ideas, (kosinski, cuaron) i don't have a name who'd be a perfect fit.

It seems like the simple choice would be Robert Rodriguez

Well as of now 4/5 is back in production, so that's not a realistically pressing concern. Cameron has said the saga might not necessarily end with that, though he wouldn't be directing future installments if that were the case.

Realistically likely would end up like Terminator with a bunch of yes-men hires just scraping the barrel to maintain the franchise's relevance.

Given that 4 and 5 havent event started filming (save for those kids scenes) and they wont start filming before 3 releases, and given that producer Jon Landau isnt there anymore to help Cameron, and given so many delays so far pointing to Cameron being in no rush- i find it entirely plausible that 4 and 5 may get delayed once again. With Cameron's age, it's not improbable there will have to come a replacement director to take over, perhaps even before part 5 films.