kitik

Weekend est pg 22 - 2 Guns 27.4, Wolv 21.7, Smurfs 18.2

For some reason the image that disturbed me the most in Spring Breakers was in the opening montage when the guys were holding beer bottles on their crotch and "urinating" on girls who were on their knees. 

Does anyone know what the deal is with WWZ?  Boxoffice.com had an article about WWZ expanding into IMAX and I read on the forums about it taking them from Pacific Rim for it's last week before Elsylium, I believe, gets them next week.  I have been trying to look into this and it seems that boxoffice.com deleted that WWZ article.  Furthermore, WWZ lost 528 theaters this week compared to 591 from MU so it seems like WWZ would not have been added to IMAX otherwise it would have lost more like 300 theaters to break from paired up routine it has been doing in terms of stats with MU in the last weeks.  I was checking theater counts on Thursday at the library and I stayed a while there and kept refreshing the page and WWZ's theater counts never came up while everyone elses was there (excluding Star Trek's expansion).  So with that it seems like it did go into IMAX and they were waiting for a number.  Does anyone know if it went into IMAX and if it did, how many IMAX theaters.  If it did not get IMAX, then assuming many factors with its 912 screens, it would logically average 1,500 to 1,900 PSA.  this is 1.4 million to 1.7 million.  a minimum of 50,000 dollars more than MU will make this weekend.  If it technically lost more screens, say 750 to MU's 591, and then was reimbursed with 122 IMAX screens to get to 528 lost, or in other terms it had 790 screens available for this weekend regular and 122 imax for its 912 net screens this weekend.  If 122 is the number, then 10,000PSA would be 1.2 mil, a reasonable 6,000 PSA would be .72 million and then 790 regular screens of regular 1,600 average would give it 1.26 million and almost 2.5 for the weekend.  THis was my original prediction of 2.5 but I never did this analysis to get to that prediction but it feels good to know that that prediction would have had evidence to back it up ;-)  The point is, I really like to get to where the box office will be at ASAP so I can look into the future weeks and visualize of model of where film will be shaping.  WWZ is still a big part of this and I would like to see it to make 205 domestic.  Any knowledge of IMAX screens would be helpful.  Thanks =)

My gf and her friend Redboxed Spring Breakers. They didnt like it at all, I was surprised. I forgot how she described it, I might Redbox it one day, but it doesn't really look like my type of movie.

My gf and her friend Redboxed Spring Breakers. They didnt like it at all, I was surprised. I forgot how she described it, I might Redbox it one day, but it doesn't really look like my type of movie.

Its not a light, party movie romp like the cover might suggest. Its more nightmarish and surreal and grotesque than funny imo.

• Like 2

Does anyone know what the deal is with WWZ?  Boxoffice.com had an article about WWZ expanding into IMAX and I read on the forums about it taking them from Pacific Rim for it's last week before Elsylium, I believe, gets them next week.  I have been trying to look into this and it seems that boxoffice.com deleted that WWZ article.  Furthermore, WWZ lost 528 theaters this week compared to 591 from MU so it seems like WWZ would not have been added to IMAX otherwise it would have lost more like 300 theaters to break from paired up routine it has been doing in terms of stats with MU in the last weeks.  I was checking theater counts on Thursday at the library and I stayed a while there and kept refreshing the page and WWZ's theater counts never came up while everyone elses was there (excluding Star Trek's expansion).  So with that it seems like it did go into IMAX and they were waiting for a number.  Does anyone know if it went into IMAX and if it did, how many IMAX theaters.  If it did not get IMAX, then assuming many factors with its 912 screens, it would logically average 1,500 to 1,900 PSA.  this is 1.4 million to 1.7 million.  a minimum of 50,000 dollars more than MU will make this weekend.  If it technically lost more screens, say 750 to MU's 591, and then was reimbursed with 122 IMAX screens to get to 528 lost, or in other terms it had 790 screens available for this weekend regular and 122 imax for its 912 net screens this weekend.  If 122 is the number, then 10,000PSA would be 1.2 mil, a reasonable 6,000 PSA would be .72 million and then 790 regular screens of regular 1,600 average would give it 1.26 million and almost 2.5 for the weekend.  THis was my original prediction of 2.5 but I never did this analysis to get to that prediction but it feels good to know that that prediction would have had evidence to back it up ;-)  The point is, I really like to get to where the box office will be at ASAP so I can look into the future weeks and visualize of model of where film will be shaping.  WWZ is still a big part of this and I would like to see it to make 205 domestic.  Any knowledge of IMAX screens would be helpful.  Thanks =)

I doubt that WB was willing to surrender all of Pacific Rim's IMAX screens. In fact, I think most of the theaters that dumped PR for WWZ were Digital LieMAX screens. So i'm guessing that for all the IMAX theaters in the nation, only a fraction of them swapped PR for WWZ (maybe about 30%-50%, but I'm really not sure.) Even without that, WWZ could have lost even more theaters than that, and the IMAX addition just softened the blow.

That's really my guess. Still, the boost should be more than enough to get the film past $200m.

I guess to answer my own question

"The number of theaters for the Imax run was not specified." - http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-brad-pitt-world-war-z-imax-20130729,0,4053488.story

The thing is, sometimes googling something is not an option because it is so easy and because I am so lazy.  I am so lazy that I would rather subscribe to a forum and type out a question than just ask google about WWZ IMAX theater counts.  Still, however, I am to lazy to look at how many IMAX venues are available and how that plays out and developing a number for WWZ, but glad to see it is doing well.  I am sure the delay in numbers is because they want to get some exact legit count.

I guess to answer my own question

"The number of theaters for the Imax run was not specified." - http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-brad-pitt-world-war-z-imax-20130729,0,4053488.story

The thing is, sometimes googling something is not an option because it is so easy and because I am so lazy.  I am so lazy that I would rather subscribe to a forum and type out a question than just ask google about WWZ IMAX theater counts.  Still, however, I am to lazy to look at how many IMAX venues are available and how that plays out and developing a number for WWZ, but glad to see it is doing well.  I am sure the delay in numbers is because they want to get some exact legit count.

Almost every Digital IMAX theater around LA has swapped PR for WWZ, the theaters in LA have not. I guess it is a LieMax swap only.

Fun fact: THE CROODS is still the third biggest film overseas. This will obviously change very soon. I just find find it amazing since it's now August.

Wow that's pretty insane. Either OS BO is gonna be down a bit with only a few big grossers or we're going to have a lot smaller-mid-range grossers ($150-250m).(FYI: my last post from Australia before I land in LA in about 20 hours from now)