kitik

Weekend est pg 22 - 2 Guns 27.4, Wolv 21.7, Smurfs 18.2

That would have been great. Screw Cartoon Network!

Its a shame really as I think the possibility of a shared universe with Silverhawks, Thundercats and Tigersharks would have been great for fans of those series.
  • Like 1

Its a shame really as I think the possibility of a shared universe with Silverhawks, Thundercats and Tigersharks would have been great for fans of those series.

I love shared cartoon universes, that’s why I'm big on the DCAU.

Having a shared Thundercats universe would have been awesome.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

The film is very well composed, precise and careful in how each shot is framed and intended. But it's a bit too...not really sure what the right term is, but it definitely felt a bit too arty in some ways. Film needed to be a bit more grounded and real rather than being so clever and theoretical in how it unfolded the plot and characters.

I liked it, I understand why Gopher and a couple others loved it, but I'm not quite sold on it being brilliant.

Funny enough, that's what I thought of Primer.

My brother and his girlfriend saw Fruitvale. They liked it, but said the ending made them mad. I'm glad Michael B. Jordan is getting this success. I remember him from Hardball all the way back from 2001.

My brother and his girlfriend saw Fruitvale. They liked it, but said the ending made them mad. I'm glad Michael B. Jordan is getting this success. I remember him from Hardball all the way back from 2001.

I'm not sure how else it could have ended really.

I guess they missed the post-credit scene, huh?

He shows up, back from the dead, CANDYMAN-style, a machine-gun in either hand and rage in his eyes.

• Like 4

I guess they missed the post-credit scene, huh?

He shows up, back from the dead, CANDYMAN-style, a machine-gun in either hand and rage in his eyes.

Now this is talking. May have to see the movie now  :ph34r:

• Like 1

I'm not sure how else it could have ended really.

He already knew it was gonna end that way, I told him the story

They just didn't like the amount of time the cop got for shooting him. I guess it brought Trayvon type vibes.

Edited by jandrew

They need to do a movie about the good things cops do. Like this one that bought a black boy some food when he didn't have enough money...and then got shot and killed moments later by a black guy in his squad car.

Or the one just last week that gave two black teenagers a ride to the gas station...and then they shot a guy at the pump in the head and stole his car.

Or they could make a big fuss over Eve Carson, Christian/Newsome, Bailey O'Neil, Antonio Santiago, Autumn Pasquale, the Witichita Massacre, or the Zebra murders.

Edited by tufftuff
  • Like 2

@Breznican

I know it's not very serious, but let us now talk about Smurfs 2...

8/2/13 7:46 PM

@Breznican

I like Smurfs. As an '80s kid, I woke up every Saturday morning excited to watch the cartoon. I loved bought Peyo's books from Weekly Reader

8/2/13 7:47 PM

@Breznican

When I had chicken pox in 1st grade I passed the itchy days at home drawing and cutting out Smurfs. By the time I was well, I had a village.

8/2/13 7:49 PM

@Breznican

I made Smurf shrinky-dinks. Baking plastic was considered a safe kid activity in 1982. But I got older & left the Smurfs behind. Naturally.

8/2/13 7:51 PM

@Breznican

When the Smurfs movie was underway, I was a new dad. I couldn't wait to introduce my little girl to characters who made me so happy once.

8/2/13 7:52 PM

@Breznican

Her first movie at age almost-2 was The Smurfs. She laughed & hugged two stuffed Smurf dolls as we watched in the dark w other giggling kids

8/2/13 7:55 PM

@Breznican

There wasn't much in The Smurfs for me anymore, but it was cute enough. I didn't LOVE it, but I loved how much she did. I've seen it a lot.

8/2/13 7:57 PM

@Breznican

So, Smurfs 2 ... I remember writing the First Look for @EW, showing the new Naughties -- little Smurf-sized villains. http://t.co/2RolkNBUa2

8/2/13 7:59 PM

@Breznican

I have another kid now (too small for movies) but I liked that these characters were continuing on for the next generation.

8/2/13 7:59 PM

@Breznican

We all went to see Smurfs 2 last week. Obviously, my hopes were high. It had the benefit of the doubt from me. And man...did I ever hate it.

8/2/13 8:01 PM

• Like 1

Mad in what way? Mad because it was a pointless tragedy? Or mad because 

the main character dies

If it's the latter... :rolleyes:

Mad in what way? Mad because it was a pointless tragedy? Or mad because 

the main character dies

If it's the latter... :rolleyes:

I already explained in my spoiler.

Mad because of the amount of time Mehserle got in prison. They already knew he dies...

Edited by jandrew