Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

Tbf, most of these reviews are from UK, so there’s a chance US reviews can save it 

But whatever at this point, it started very bad and this will spread out on social media, now the movie is looking fucked. 

And suddenly i’m not that interested anymore, not because reviews so far are bad, but because the plot was an amazing opportunity to talk about ending things, getting old etc and based on reviews it looks like they decided to go safe and go full on basic nostalgia.

• Like 3

This again show that early screening does not guarantee universal acclaim. here you have a director who otherwise has a great record. So its just the script they went it. Seems to play it safe and hope nostalgia is sufficient to print money. That could be true as well as we will find out once presales start. 

One of Hollywood's savviest directors. A month early release. Tons of leaks from people like ViewerAnon and EmpireCity saying it is great. I'm blown away. Apparently everyone who saw it early and was involved in crafting it just was off. Either that or Cannes reviews aren't real. Who knows.

If Star Wars nerds actually grew up and realized Last Jedi was the bomb diggity, none of this would have ever happened. It's insane how much that one movie has damaged our blockbuster culture into being the most sterile and generic it's ever been.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 2
  • Knock It Off 3

I wouldn´t worry just yet, most of these negatives/mixed are from the people that usually are more lukewarm against blockbuster, Erlich, Collin, Bradshaw etc. but no doubt not as good as I hoped/expected. 

Edited by thajdikt