Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

16 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

I'll be really sad if this movie sucks like Crystal Skull. I'd like it if it was just Harrison Ford going on one last ride with no strings attached, but I have a feeling Lucasfilm won't do that.

The newer reviews  seem to be leaning towards this being much more of a audience pleaser than CS.

10 hours ago, Hatebox said:

They don’t need to force themselves to make up their own minds?

They don't need to force themselves to lower their expectations to enjoy the movie, they are perfectly capable of liking it without any prior change in their stance towards the movie. That was rather obvious from the post I wrote...

5 hours ago, George Parr said:

They don't need to force themselves to lower their expectations to enjoy the movie, they are perfectly capable of liking it without any prior change in their stance towards the movie. That was rather obvious from the post I wrote...

it wasn’t, but I’ll let you off. And I think it’s naive to think that expectations don’t influence a movie’s reception, though of course we can never know what goes on in a person’s head. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still seeing a lot of positive reactions from critics and journalists around the world. It does seem to be going over quite a bit better outside of the Cannes audience, but there are still some criticisms everyone seems to agree on.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Seems to be heading towards fresh and possibly above the Flash on RT.

I could still see a Solo level opening, which wouldn't be terrible.

It’s my most anticipated film right now. Cannot wait until they start selling tickets around here, I’ve been refreshing for it daily.

33 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

It’s my most anticipated film right now. Cannot wait until they start selling tickets around here, I’ve been refreshing for it daily.

Yeah focusing on being positive for this movie now and MI;DR Part 1 right now to offset the depression surrounding the Flash right now.  Because the prospect off all three of these movies underperforming  is too upsetting to think about.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Yeah focusing on being positive for this movie now and MI;DR Part 1 right now to offset the depression surrounding the Flash right now.  Because the prospect off all three of these movies underperforming  is too upsetting to think about.

Actually I am excited thinking of it, cause hopefully it will encourage Hollywood to end this obsession with milking IPs and start focusing more on creating new IPs. The IP era of Hollywood HAS to end at some point. 

55 minutes ago, Lucas said:

not trying to be disrespectful of ViewerAnon, but I guess it could be "DS2, TF7, FastX are not good but it's fun" kind of fantastic. Probably because I've lost my faith in modern Hollywood blockbusters.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scytheavatar said:

Actually I am excited thinking of it, cause hopefully it will encourage Hollywood to end this obsession with milking IPs and start focusing more on creating new IPs. The IP era of Hollywood HAS to end at some point. 

Well you do that then. Have fun.

Whatever happens on box office and overall.reception/box office releasing it at cannes was a massive mistake...it made a few  dozen reviews look like the whole story ...which might have been good if the few dozen reviews were overall good...but it backfired. Now it seems to be slowly crawling to fresh....but is  t too late?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

That’s Indiana Jones alright.

We could have used a Nazi Puncher in front of Walt Disney World the other day....

Though I might debate if Indy is the ultimate Nazi Puncher though; I think Steve Rogers has that title.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

not trying to be disrespectful of ViewerAnon, but I guess it could be "DS2, TF7, FastX are not good but it's fun" kind of fantastic. Probably because I've lost my faith in modern Hollywood blockbusters.  

Sad to say, Hollywood Blockbusters have become "Cookie Cutter" movies.