Shawn Robbins

Weekend Estimates: Elysium 30.5M; Millers 26.55M; Planes 22.53M; Percy Jackson 14.6M Pg 29

Steep drop for 2 Guns. I liked it but it's also nothing that can't wait for Redbox so I guess it's not really surprising.

Not shocked abut Elysium. "Dystopian world" has never been the easiest sell as a genre. The successes tend to advertise the aliens, big action sequences or love stories to lure in the masses.

"Chennai Express" doing very well. May become the first Bollywood movie to cross 2M on OW in the US.

What is the highest grossing Bollywood movie in the US? I only seem to find a collective "foreign" category on Mojo. Monsoon Wedding looks to be the highest from India at $13.89 million but I don't think of it as being a "Bollywood" movie per se. Then it looks like Om Shanti Om at $3.6 million. I like watching Bollywood stuff—it's kind of cool to see a different sensibility on display, even with the same story. I watched a remake of The Hand That Rocks the Cradle on Youtube, it was the same plot/characters more or less but they worked in multiple musical sequences!

• Like 1

I'm not talking about profitability, though. Both 2 Guns and Wolverine opened fairly low given their credentials. My main point is that all of these live action movies are failing to break out because of extremely satiated audience demand. It's a good thing the market has been as strong as it has this summer, otherwise these movies would probably be doing even less than they have.

Actually it’s probably because there are more and more movies released each year, despite the fact that going to the theaters is more expensive than it’s ever been before.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

The moment you finish reading 16 pages of Aniston vs Jolie talk and 3 pages of numbers.Meanwhile paying data roaming charges in Mexico. SMH.Fuck all of you.(In a nice way.)

• Like 4

alas i don't do horror films exception zombie films (i love me a good zombie movie)i got terrible nightmares for days when i was younger, then a few yrs back i felt adventurous and figured i'm old enough now and watched the exorcism of emily rose on tv during the day , lo and behold i had nightmares all week needless to say it refreshed my memory as to why i stayed away from these type of films

I have always wanted to check Exorcism of Emily Rose out, sounds great! Haha I love being scared! Also the film did good in box office. Edited by KingKong

The moment you finish reading 16 pages of Aniston vs Jolie talk and 3 pages of numbers.Meanwhile paying data roaming charges in Mexico. SMH.Fuck all of you.(In a nice way.)

How's your in-laws treating you?

• Founder / Operator

Actually it’s probably because there are more and more movies released each year, despite the fact that going to the theaters is more expensive than it’s ever been before.

Pretty much what I've been saying. ;)

Either way, the trend is what it is. Market's too crowded and it can only expand so much. Action movies aren't what the general audience is starved for right now (nor are animated movies).

Edited by ShawnMR

Either way, the trend is what it is. Market's too crowded and it can only expand so much. Action movies aren't what the general audience is starved for right now (nor are animated movies).

Yeah you just worded it funny.

Horror and comedy is apparently where it be this summer.

• Like 2

How's your in-laws treating you?

Mother In-Law thinks she's boss. If there was a person in your life you wished to Superkick, in my case it would be her.Otherwise vacation is going so-so. Personal issues going on but otherwise I'm relaxing!I may go see Kick Ass 2 next weekend! Should be fun!
  • Like 1

Mother In-Law thinks she's boss. If there was a person in your life you wished to Superkick, in my case it would be her.Otherwise vacation is going so-so. Personal issues going on but otherwise I'm relaxing!I may go see Kick Ass 2 next weekend! Should be fun!

OMG :lol: Don't let your wife know that ;)At least you're relaxing, it's what vacations are for, so that's good.Kick-Ass 2 does look fun, I'm looking forward to it. If you go, have fun and enjoy :)
  • Like 1

Steep drop for 2 Guns. I liked it but it's also nothing that can't wait for Redbox so I guess it's not really surprising.

Not shocked abut Elysium. "Dystopian world" has never been the easiest sell as a genre. The successes tend to advertise the aliens, big action sequences or love stories to lure in the masses.

What is the highest grossing Bollywood movie in the US? I only seem to find a collective "foreign" category on Mojo. Monsoon Wedding looks to be the highest from India at $13.89 million but I don't think of it as being a "Bollywood" movie per se. Then it looks like Om Shanti Om at $3.6 million. I like watching Bollywood stuff—it's kind of cool to see a different sensibility on display, even with the same story. I watched a remake of The Hand That Rocks the Cradle on Youtube, it was the same plot/characters more or less but they worked in multiple musical sequences!

I think Om Shanti Om and My Name is Khan would be close for the highest grossing Bollywood movie. Monsoon Wedding is a Canadian production.

The remake of "Hand that rocks the cradle" is called Khalnaayika. Not a good movie by any stretch of the imagination, it didn't do well in India - it was trying to cash in on the popularity of a movie called Khalnayak.