Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Just came back from Zero. 1st half is good-very good but 2nd half is a big letdown. This has become a pattern for SRK movies of late. The reviews and reports coming in are also not very encouraging. 2018 is going to be remembered as the year where all the 3 Khans gave duds.

My optimistic prediction for ZERO - 135cr Nett. lifetime domestically. (Verdict - Flop/Disaster)

Zero First Day Business

Zero collected 19.25-19.50 crore nett on day one which is lower than it should have done but will be a decent number if it can build from here. The problem is that it did not push in the evenings and the first day collections have come out at that 20 crore nett range which the morning number pointed to.

The biggest letdown for the film is Gujarat where the film has not collected at all and the collections are half of the Mumbai / Thane belt. The surprise is Bihar where it may turn out to be a record opening day number for a Shahrukh Khan starrer with collections in the 75-80 lakh range.

The first day collections are in the Fan range and below are the opening day numbers of the last five Shahrukh Khan starrers. Barring Jab Harry Met Sejal its all pretty much a similar range.

Zero - 19,35,00,000 apprx

Jab Harry Met Sejal - 14,69,00,000

Raees - 20,29,00,000

Fan - 19,07,00,000

Dilwale - 20,37,00,000

The must for the film is it has to be up on Saturday to have any chance of benefiting from the holidays over the week. Even if it just 10% growth it would be decent but if its a downward trend it will spell huge trouble in the first weekend itself.

https://boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=4543

Done and dusted on the 1st day itself. My optimistic prediction of 135cr on the previous page is looking way too optimistic right now. Even 100cr will be a struggle with the kind of WOM it has.

Even with a 20-25% bump on Sunday Zero will barely cross 60cr (nett) ow. With Simbaa around the corner the best case scenario seems to be 2x for 120cr total if it legs it well during the holidays and drop on Saturday was an anomaly. Else it's possible the movie fails to hit 100cr total.

Overseas could be a very different story all together but am concerned about losses for distributors and exhibitors in India.

17 minutes ago, a2k said:

Even with a 20-25% bump on Sunday Zero will barely cross 60cr (nett) ow. With Simbaa around the corner the best case scenario seems to be 2x for 120cr total if it legs it well during the holidays and drop on Saturday was an anomaly. Else it's possible the movie fails to hit 100cr total.

Overseas could be a very different story all together but am concerned about losses for distributors and exhibitors in India.

OS - the movie is doing even worse than JHMS in most of the countries, I don't expect good news from abroad as well.

• Like 1

According to addatoday Zero stays flat on Sunday and possibly even dip from Saturday. 

JHMS did 45-46cr ow and about 65cr lifetime, 1.4x multiplier. Christmas could boost the weekdays but lack of growth on Sunday is very discouraging. New Years boost will be countered by Simbaa's release.

57.5 ow * 1.5x = 86.25 nett

17 minutes ago, a2k said:

According to addatoday Zero stays flat on Sunday and possibly even dip from Saturday. 

JHMS did 45-46cr ow and about 65cr lifetime, 1.4x multiplier. Christmas could boost the weekdays but lack of growth on Sunday is very discouraging. New Years boost will be countered by Simbaa's release.

57.5 ow * 1.5x = 86.25 nett

SRK needs to reinvent himself like Amitabh did in the late 90s. He's about the same age now and might be a good time to see what he can do.

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

SRK needs to reinvent himself like Amitabh did in the late 90s. He's about the same age now and might be a good time to see what he can do.

I thought Fan and Zero were novel and had a lot of potential but looking at the reception things went wrong with execution. Found Raees enjoyable.

Fan and Zero were his opportunity to re-invent himself without playing his real age thanks to the vfx component necessary in those films.

Not all of these will see the light of day but some rosy projects in the pipeline : https://gangbuzzz.com/shah-rukh-khan-upcoming-movies/

Just now, a2k said:

I thought Fan and Zero were novel and had a lot of potential but looking at the reception things went wrong with execution. Found Raees enjoyable.

Fan and Zero were his opportunity to re-invent himself without playing his real age thanks to the vfx component necessary in those films.

Not all of these will see the light of day but some rosy projects in the pipeline : https://gangbuzzz.com/shah-rukh-khan-upcoming-movies/

I liked Fan. The second half should have been a bit better but I can't fault SRK's performance in the least. Zero had such an easy fix I'm surprised they didn't do it. Cut the astronaut stuff down to 15 minutes and it becomes a better movie by a long long way.

Zero producer ow figures (Nett.)

Fri 20.14

Sat 18.22 (-10%)

Sun 20.71 (+14%)

= 59.07

Monday evening/nights will get some help from holiday on Tuesday but will still show >50% drop from Sun. Tuesday will be good and Wed may show a heavy post-holiday drop.

The 3 Khan's flopping collectively this year has brought a smile on my face. About time we get new stars sans the Kapoor, Khan etc surname. The common thing among these movies were that they sucked real bad judging by the trailers. Zero looked okay, but damn srk simple has lost his mojo. These budhaus need to realise that they can't play launda at 50+.