Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Spiderman No Way Home Advance Rampage Continues

Spiderman No Way Home continued its rampage at the advance counters overnight as the 24h hour advance of the film is looking to be in the range of Avengers - Infinty War released in 2018. It is not exactly 24h hours as some cinemas especially in the South had opened a week earlier but the for the general advance only opened on Sunday.

In the first 24 hours of advance opening, Infinity War had collected around 9.50 crore nett across India and went on do advance sales of around 29 crore nett before release. The advance here also opened on a Sunday like Infinity War. 

The results for Spiderman - No Way Home look to be slightly ahead in terms of collection so it will be around 10 crore nett plus in 24 hours and similar in terms of tickets sold. This is a four day advance for Spiderman and three day advance for Infinity War. The first day advances are actually higher for Spiderman while the other three days are less than the two days of Infinity War. Initially only a few of the Imax properties and bigger properties opened up in the metros and these handfull of cinemas racked up 50 lakhs nett in no time.

The biggest advance till date is Avengers Endgame with around 50 crore nett advance sales before release and although that will be out of range, a total of around 30 crore nett similar to Infinity War is possible. It will have one day less to do as its a Thursday release so maybe a lower number is more realistic but when there is momentum anything is possible so it can do in four days what Infinity War did in five days.

The advance for the first day is just extraordinary even though its a Thursday and if this was 2019 it would be looking at a potential 30 crore nett plus day one but this is 2021 and it is a bit different now. The bigger Hollywood films are seeing stronger advances and less current post the pandemic and this has been there for every Hollywood film which has shown some collections. If current sales behave even close to like what they did in 2019 then 30 crore nett will be on. It will be no surprise if a 15 crore nett day one total is covered in the advance alone.

There is competition from Pushpa in Andhra but Infinity War only did 2 crore nett in Nizam / Andhra and Spiderman No Way Home should do that much even with Pushpa around. There are these so called pan India films today like Pushpa, 83 and RRR as they release in multiple languages but the real pan India films are big Hollywood films as they do the business in all circuits. The rest are by just name and barring some exceptions which have branding they will either do good in Hindi circuits or in South but very unlikley to cross the barriers.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=6518

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

@ZeeSoh 4AM IMAX show at PVR Icon. ₹1570 tickets.

LMAO. 2600rs (35 usd) for the back seats for a 4 am show. Are they F**cking kidding me. And people have actually bought tickets at these prices. I wonder if these are the most expensive movie tickets in India ever (barring special screenings and what not).

5 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

LMAO. 2600rs (35 usd) for the back seats for a 4 am show. Are they F**cking kidding me. And people have actually bought tickets at these prices. I wonder if these are the most expensive movie tickets in India ever (barring special screenings and what not).

I think special shows (early morning) in South goes ₹1500 range. Never heard ₹2.5k show.

10 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think special shows (early morning) in South goes ₹1500 range. Never heard ₹2.5k show.

"Benefit" shows or more aptly put fan shows...they never sell those tickets online...its always at the ticket counter..

highest i've seen in Telugu is for BB-2..priced at ₹1000 

Edited by CoolK

35 minutes ago, CoolK said:

"Benefit" shows or more aptly put fan shows...they never sell those tickets online...its always at the ticket counter..

highest i've seen in Telugu is for BB-2..priced at ₹1000 

Yeah this must be highest sold online I imagine. I think Kabali & Sardaar Gabbar Singh I heard had 1500 at places.

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Audience was almost as loud and as excited for this as they were for Endgame despite 50% occupancy restrictions. This is gonna go down as one of the most beloved MCU movie of all time in India, right up there with Endgame, Infinity War, etc. 

wonder if this means stronger legs? 

17 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

wonder if this means stronger legs? 

Legs are generally short in India. And there was a lot of excitement for this movie and most will try and see it as soon as possible (plus there is also the spoiler factor only seen in movies like Infinity War/Endgame where people want to see it ASAP to avoid spoilers). The massive pre sales indicate that a lot of demand will be exhausted on OW itself. Also cinemas have scheduled higher than normal shows for this despite it being slightly longer than normal hollywood movies. 

That being said, it may have better legs than other movies because of covid and covid restrictions. In a lot of states for instance cinemas have a 50% occupancy restrictions which means not everyone will get to see it on OW. Also those who are being very cautious about covid will want to wait and allow crowds to die down before seeing this. 

15 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

98% BMS. Highest I have seen. EG was 95%+ iirc.

not surprised, but it will likely come down to EG level over time. It has relatively few votes right now