Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

There hasn't been a new census yet, but expected to beat China. China as always worked on its problems, India remains shitty place.

If you are talking about that one child policy of theirs, it was a terrible idea to begin with, with horrible consequences. I recommend watching One Child Nation. Its an amazing documentary on the topic. And the consequences of that policy is now biting them in the ass. 

The best way to address rising population and reducing fertility rate is to educate people and life them out of poverty. It is a fact that less educated and poorer folks have more children on average than educated and financially stable people. 

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

If you are talking about that one child policy of theirs, it was a terrible idea to begin with, with horrible consequences. I recommend watching One Child Nation. Its an amazing documentary on the topic. And the consequences of that policy is now biting them in the ass. 

The best way to address rising population and reducing fertility rate is to educate people and life them out of poverty. It is a fact that less educated and poorer folks have more children on average than educated and financially stable people. 

I mean better than forced sterilisation India started in 70s.

3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I mean better than forced sterilisation India started in 70s.

Ah ok, based on what I read on wiki, the initial idea (I think by Maharashtra government) was good (to incentivize voluntary sterilization after 3rd child). But that morphed into forced sterilization over time which was terrible. 

23 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Acturally we don't have One Child policy anymore,for now we can have two child.😁

Yup I know 👍

Have you seen that documentary "One Child Nation"? If yes, what do you think of whats shown in it?

36 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Nope I haven't ,I don't even know what that is,will try to watch it 

Its about the fallout and consequences of the one child policy. The documentary maker is Chinese American and she goes and interviews a lot of people in China, especially rural people, who were affected by the policy. 

46 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Just had a look around my local chain for RRR, it's going super wide for an Indian movie here in the UK. Just booked my ticket for opening night in IMAX

Yeah widest release ever in UK, I heard 250+ locs possible including BFI IMAX. Currently pre-sales open in 150.

Only on IMAX 💓
  • Like 1

Are South movies taking over india?

Looking at it the past 5 years, 3 of the years had south movies as the biggest films. 

I sort of find a lot of bollywood movies these days appeal more to niche urban audience and not many are having that mass appeal.

South movies Like Pushpa and Bahubali have a lot of mass appeal I find and movies entire family can watch and enjoy.