Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

#RRR Day 1 biz... Gross BOC...
 #AP: ₹ 75 cr
 #Nizam: ₹ 27.5 cr
 #Karnataka: ₹ 14.5 cr
#TamilNadu: ₹ 10 cr 
#Kerala: ₹ 4 cr 
#NorthIndia: ₹ 25 cr
#India total: ₹ 156 cr
 #USA: ₹ 42 cr
 Non-US #Overseas: 25 cr

WORLDWIDE TOTAL: ₹ 223 cr
Edited by CoolK
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

6 hours ago, CoolK said:

Great opening. Will be interesting to see if it can hang on in North India where the response seems less stellar than Bahubali or Pushpa.

My breakup for opening day

Nizam - ₹29 crores (₹19.75 crores share)
Ceeded - ₹17.50 crores (₹17 crores share)
Andhra - ₹35.50 crores (₹32.75 crores share)

AP/TS - ₹82 crores (₹69.50 crores share)

Karnataka - ₹14.50 crores (₹7.50 crores share)
Tamil Nadu - ₹10.25 crores (₹4.75 crores share)
Kerala - ₹4 crores (₹1.75 crores share)
North India - ₹26.50 crores (₹12 crores share)

Total - ₹137.25 crores (₹95.50 crores share)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villain Legion said:

Humongous ATP diff there

The main diff has come in one state Telangana where BB2 didn't get hike permission was released with ₹90 ATP. RRR ATP is around ₹275 there. 

BB2 did ₹10.4cr. RRR ₹28cr.

Other places had normal inflation over 5 years.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BruiseCruise said:

Rajamouli is the James Cameron of Bollywood 

Rajamouli also break opening records and a much better track record.

Student No 1 - Super Hit
Simhadri - Blockbuster
Sye - Average
Chatrapathi - Hit
Vikramarkudu - Blockbuster
Yamadonga - Blockbuster
Magadheera - ATBB (All Time Record in Telugu)
Maryada Ramanna - Super Hit
Eega - Blockbuster
Baahubali - ATBB (All Time Record in India)
Baahubali2 - ATBB (All Time Record in India)
RRR - ATBB likely (All Time Record in Telugu will be)

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

@charlie Jatinder What exactly is wrong with Andhra? You can find dozen sources and almost all have different gross values.  I asked few people and they all had different shares related to it.  

AP/TS is varying between 75 Cr. to 121 Cr. Even, Official source Pen says - it's 101 Cr in AP + Nizam and 223 Cr. total in India. Indian fans fight in South is just over the top. I can never get real numbers.

Edited by Shanks

On 3/26/2022 at 3:55 PM, CoolK said:

Any update for the subsequent day? It is wonderful to see India find its NWH or NTTD for UK

2 hours ago, Shanks said:

@charlie Jatinder What exactly is wrong with Andhra? You can find dozen sources and almost all have different gross values.  I asked few people and they all had different shares related to it.  

AP/TS is varying between 75 Cr. to 121 Cr. Even, Official source Pen says - it's 101 Cr in AP + Nizam and 223 Cr. total in India. Indian fans fight in South is just over the top. I can never get real numbers.

in AP/TS, we've tracking in shares not gross....so gross numbers are mostly estimated and vary from source to source.

2 days share is around 100cr 

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

Any update for the subsequent day? It is wonderful to see India find its NWH or NTTD for UK

As per @charlie Jatinder 's article India 2 days gross...overseas around 110c

The territorial breakdown for two days collections of RRR at the Indian box office is as follows:

Nizam - Rs. 48 crores (Rs. 32.70 crores share)
Ceeded - Rs. 25 crores (Rs. 22 crores share)
Andhra - Rs. 51.50 crores (Rs. 42.30 crores share)

AP/TS - Rs. 124.50 crores (Rs. 97 crores share)

Karnataka - Rs. 26 crores (Rs. 13.25 crores share)
Tamil Nadu - Rs. 20 crores (Rs. 9.25 crores share)
Kerala - Rs. 7.50 crores (Rs. 3.25 crores share)
North India - Rs. 58 crores (Rs. 26.25 crores share)

Total - Rs. 236  crores (Rs. 149 crores share)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Shanks said:

APTS has one of the best tracking in India but the problem is the reporting figures are SHARE and GROSS numbers are very rare but GROSS estimation from SHARE isn't too hard though, so its no big deal.

You will have similar SHARE numbers by everyone, though recently some report SHARE including GST, some report as it used to be pure SHARE. I follow the latter.

The difference in GROSS come because the SHARE numbers include Hires. First off what is Hires?

Most cinemas follows the normal operation, like a film do say ₹100,000 there, they will pay the agreed share to the distributor say 60% i.e. ₹60,000. In case of Hire, distributor take a fixed amount from the exhibitor and whatever film make is of exhibitor. Now these hire numbers aren't for one day but full run. In the above case, the distributor will get something like ₹300,000 from the cinema for playing the movie.

e.g. a movie plays at 100 cinemas and for ease of calculation, say collect 1 lakh in each cinema for total 1cr gross. The gross is for sake of simplification say 50% of collection. Say 10 cinemas of these play at HIRE and each cinema HIRE is ₹2 lakh. 

Now the SHARE that will be reported will be ₹45 lakhs + ₹20 lakh HIRE = ₹65 lakh.

What my system is to take ₹45 lakh SHARE & guessing how much HIRE would have been recovered in 1st day depending on how film performed in other cinemas of the region. I will take 45 lakh + say 25% of HIRE = ₹50 lakh and based on that estimate ₹100 lakh GROSS taking 50% ratio.

What most other folks do is take that ₹65 lakh and estimate ~₹130 lakh GROSS.

On day two, say the collection are 80%

My system will again give ₹40 lakhs + recovery from hires = ₹44 lakh, estimating ₹88 lakh GROSS using 50%.

The other folks will just take ₹40 lakhs SHARE and estimate ₹80 lakhs.

A real movie example is this one old movie report 

image.png

The collection from normal cinemas is ₹63,73,910 and share is ₹54.76 lakhs, with another ₹45 lakhs for Hires making it ₹1cr reported share. The actual gross in the territory will be ₹75 lakhs approx including day 1 gross from these hired cinemas, but what some people do is take ₹1cr share and estimate gross at ₹1.3cr or so.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

-snip-

I understood that. Thanks for explaining like that. 

Also, then as the GROSS of movie is, "total of what each viewers paid to watch the movie via ticket prices" regardless of who got that money - Government, Distributor, Mafia, or Politician? Theatres should know exactly what Amount of money they had earned in a day from movie tickets and that should be GROSS amount?

Why do they complicate this... 

Edited by Shanks