Shawn Robbins

WEEKEND ACTUALS: WTM (17.96m), Elysium (13.69m), Planes (13.39m), KA2 (13.33m), Percy (8.75m)

Considering the movie reportedly cost around $220 million, I find it difficult to believe they couldn't find $15 million in their budget to pay for a bigger name. A big star doesn't guarantee a blockbuster but for such an expensive movie you either need a massive brand (like Star Wars) or a big star. Has there been an 'original' movie with an unknown star that has succeeded in recent years? Only flops come to mind like John Carter, Battleship and Jack the Giant Killer. 

I think he wanted to cast his friend/man-crush Taylor Kitsch and is now using the budget as an excuse for hiring such a non-entity leading man.

Edited by Cairo

The film goes out of its way to make sure you know that the butler had NOTHING to do with any movement. He is told from day one that when he is serving he is to pretend like the room is empty. He does not talk he does not listen he does not look. He serves.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Wasn't he the one blaming The Avengers for Battleship's BO performance in US as well?

Yes, obviously the fault lies in something Berg couldn't control like Avengers and the budget, not in his skills as a director to create a good and appealing movie.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The cast and the buzz are surely pushing me hard to go and see this when it opens here on September 5. 

And yes Oprah is really good. Of all the cameos my favourite was John Cusack as Nixon.

How was Alan Rickman?

• Like 1