rukaio101

The Anime Thread- Summer 2015

What ever happened to Attack on Titan.

It blew up as biggest Anime since Naruto and then did not follow up with another season? 

Actually, a second season is coming in 2016. I assume the gap is to give enough time for the manga to get further ahead. Either that or it's related to the two live-action feature films coming out in 2015 (which will probably suck since they don't have a fraction of the CG budget Hollywood films have.)

Believe me though, Attack on Titan is not just going away because it is insanely popular at the moment, not just overseas. I visited Japan in the Summer (nearly a year since the first season ended) and AoT Merchandise was literally everywhere. The only series more merchandised was One Piece and that's currently the Best Selling Manga of all time. And it pretty was close too.

Top anime of 2014 worth checking out, I haven't seen everything so don't get annoyed if I missed out a good show!

Noragami

No Game No Life

Barakamon

Terror in Resonance

Rage of Bahamut 

Fate Stay Night

Parasyte

Your Lie in April

Nisekoi

Mushishi Zoku Shou

So I'm getting the Cowboy Bebop Blu-Ray set for Christmas. Can't fucking wait to rewatch that show in HD.

Have you seen the directors other works, it maybe worth watching out these

Kids on a Slope

Samurai Champloo

Terror in Resonance

• Like 1

Top anime of 2014 worth checking out, I haven't seen everything so don't get annoyed if I missed out a good show!

Noragami

No Game No Life

Barakamon

Terror in Resonance

Rage of Bahamut 

Fate Stay Night

Parasyte

Your Lie in April

Nisekoi

Mushishi Zoku Shou

I've watched the bolded in full and would completely agree. I'd also add Aldnoah.Zero and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun to that list. I'm planning on binging through Barakamon, You Lie in April and Mushishi Zoku Shou when I get the time too. And maybe the rest of Parasyte/Terror in Resonance. Wasn't too impressed by what I saw though.

That said, there were a lot of series this year that I never bothered keeping up with. I think the only series this year I kept up with beginning to end were Aldnoah Zero, Fate Stay Night and Log Horizon. (I only started No Game No Life 4 episodes in when I heard of its outstanding reviews). Then again many, like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, I only ended up dropping because I'd already read and enjoyed the manga and didn't see much point in rewatching. 

Anyway, I figured it was about time to post the chart for Winter 2015.

neregate.com-Winter-2014-2015-Anime-Char

Naturally, I'm following Season 2 of Aldnoah.Zero and Durarara. Probably going to see how far I can go with JJBA: Stardust Crusaders Season 2 and Assassination Classroom (Ansatsu Kyoushitsu) since I really like the manga for both of them.

That said, most of the original stuff this season looks absolutely terrible. The only one I'm actually interested in checking out is Death Parade (which isn't on this chart for whatever reason.) I may change my mind if one starts getting No Game No Life level reviews, but I doubt it.

• Like 1

I've watched the bolded in full and would completely agree. I'd also add Aldnoah.Zero and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun to that list. I'm planning on binging through Barakamon, You Lie in April and Mushishi Zoku Shou when I get the time too. And maybe the rest of Parasyte/Terror in Resonance. Wasn't too impressed by what I saw though.

That said, there were a lot of series this year that I never bothered keeping up with. I think the only series this year I kept up with beginning to end were Aldnoah Zero, Fate Stay Night and Log Horizon. (I only started No Game No Life 4 episodes in when I heard of its outstanding reviews). Then again many, like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, I only ended up dropping because I'd already read and enjoyed the manga and didn't see much point in rewatching. 

Anyway, I figured it was about time to post the chart for Winter 2015.

Naturally, I'm following Season 2 of Aldnoah.Zero and Durarara. Probably going to see how far I can go with JJBA: Stardust Crusaders Season 2 and Assassination Classroom (Ansatsu Kyoushitsu) since I really like the manga for both of them.

That said, most of the original stuff this season looks absolutely terrible. The only one I'm actually interested in checking out is Death Parade (which isn't on this chart for whatever reason.) I may change my mind if one starts getting No Game No Life level reviews, but I doubt it.

I could not find Gekken to my liking, gave it the four episode test and as a comedy it did not make me laugh once. Aldnoah is a split season (you cannot simply end it like that!)

Winter I will be checking out a number of sequels

Aldnoah Zero 2

Durarara x2

Exodus

Tokyo Ghoul (hopefully its better than the first season)

Of the new stuff I am looking forward to

Death Parade

Saenai Heroine no Sodate-kata

Kantai Collection

Junketsu no Marai (anything production IG i will check out)

Is that the guy from Gintama is your avatar? They just announced new Gintama for spring 2015

Edited by eXtacy

Have you seen the directors other works, it maybe worth watching out these

Kids on a Slope

Samurai Champloo

Terror in Resonance

I've only seen Champloo, which I did really like. I'll have to check out the other two.

Sigh... I can't believe I've got to wait until April for more Fate Stay Night. Such a pain...

Anyway, I finally managed to find a subbed copy of Expelled from Paradise, that new anime film written by Gen Urobuchi. And, honestly, I wasn't that impressed. Don't get me wrong, it had some interesting concepts and ideas, but the film-length running time just wasn't long enough to develop and explore them. Urobuchi would be best sticking to TV where he actually has the time to do that. Also, I found the characters and action kinda bland. It did look very pretty though.

Speaking of Urobuchi, I had another shot at starting Psycho-Pass and I'm enjoying it a lot more this time around. Maybe it's because I'm watching it dubbed this time but it's far more engrossing that the first time I watched. 

Sigh... I can't believe I've got to wait until April for more Fate Stay Night. Such a pain...

Anyway, I finally managed to find a subbed copy of Expelled from Paradise, that new anime film written by Gen Urobuchi. And, honestly, I wasn't that impressed. Don't get me wrong, it had some interesting concepts and ideas, but the film-length running time just wasn't long enough to develop and explore them. Urobuchi would be best sticking to TV where he actually has the time to do that. Also, I found the characters and action kinda bland. It did look very pretty though.

Speaking of Urobuchi, I had another shot at starting Psycho-Pass and I'm enjoying it a lot more this time around. Maybe it's because I'm watching it dubbed this time but it's far more engrossing that the first time I watched. 

Psycho Pass dubbed is fantastic, definitely the way to go this time ;)

I have loved most of Gen Urobuchi's shows, I'am yet to see expelled from paradise (will soon)

FSN was decent, not near the same quality as Fate Zero. Second season should pick up though.

Shingeki no Bahamut finished last night at was one of the most entertaining animes of the year, go check it out.

Edited by eXtacy

Just watched this, Death Parade, you should check it out Rukaio. Definitely potential anime of the season

69513l.jpg

Other promising animes, so far

Assassination Classroom, some light hearted comedy

Saekano, seems like this maybe a high class slice of life harem as the animation is fantastic

Edited by eXtacy

Guys thank you for recomanding Log Horizon here, because I was looking for an anime and for me it nailed it. The first episodes weren't that great but afther episode 5 for me it was great. So do you have any other recomondations in the same genre?

• Like 1

Just watched this, Death Parade, you should check it out Rukaio. Definitely potential anime of the season

69513l.jpg

I watched the first episode earlier. Loved it. Definitely looks like a good candidate for Best Winter Anime. Even if it does have a hilariously inappropriate (tone-wise) opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjjTMNDZi-A

Assassination Classroom, some light hearted comedy

Saekano, seems like this maybe a high class slice of life harem as the animation is fantastic

Assassination Classroom is one of the weekly manga I follow pretty regularly so if the anime keeps up the same quality, then yeah it's definitely going to be one to watch.

Not sure about Saekano. I tend to keep away from harem series.

Guys thank you for recomanding Log Horizon here, because I was looking for an anime and for me it nailed it. The first episodes weren't that great but afther episode 5 for me it was great. So do you have any other recomondations in the same genre?

Glad to hear it. I'm a huge fan of Log Horizon as well. Is there anything specific you're looking for in recommendations or are you just wanting a nice lighthearted fantasy series?

• Like 1

To be honest it doens't realy need to be in the same genre but just a good anime, with a good story and nice characters.

If you liked Log Horizon then you will like Sword Art Online. Also there is a second season of Log Horizon airing right now.

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 1