baumer

About time (2013)

16 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Huh. Thanks, Jack.

So, the movie was a disappointment. It had a great idea, but very poor execution. Everything was predictable (Yes, I guessed every single major thing that happened (SPOILER - Car Crash, Death, Disease). I have to say that the Romance in the movie wasn't bad at all. The chemistry between McAdams and that other guy whose name I always forget, was good. And McAdams is hot. Yes, that does a lot to the movie.

The wedding scene reminded me a lot of November Rain.

As I said, good idea, poor execution.

B-

• Like 1

I think (pretentious post here in 3.2......1) if you are a bit older, you'll appreciate this more.  A film about appreciating every single moment you're here.  I related to ALL the themes in this film.  Love, marriage, cancer taking a parent, kids, career and the ups and downs of life.  The last act is just a smidge off from the rest of the film or it would have gotten a ten frome me, but as it stands absolutely one of my faves of the year.  

And watch out for Margot Robbie.  My LORD what a beautiful woman!

9/10

Edited by baumer
  • Like 3

I'm not quite as enthusiastic as baumer, but I'm of the same opinion. We don't get many movies about life and romance like this, ones that give us the time (heh heh) to grow with the characters and understand their relationships and decisions. We also don't get many romance movies in which the people in the film feel authentically crafted instead of just archaetypes of characters. It's a very unpretentious, straightforward look at appreciating moments in life before you lose them. I really liked it and would easily reccomend it.

• Like 2

I'm watching this right now and its ok quite lovely actually but a tad too long , there's still 30 minute to go feels like forever but I do agree its nice they take time to delve into different characters And yes they do feel like real people , I guess we rarely see films like this that go beyond the chase kiss and sunset romcom where real life rarely happens I did wonder about margot robbie , I was wondering where I knew her from as she's not as in your face sexy in this filmOf course always adorable bill nighy...A bit off point , I find it funny rachel mc adams plays the love interest/ wife of a time traveller twice! Is this why they picked her for the role ? Oh have No idea who the guy is who plays the lead but he sorta grew on me as film went on Awww that last scene with his dad is emotional I did love the scenery , something about the british coastline is gorgeous and very relaxing