baumer

BOF's top 100 movie lines of all time (CLOSED)

Fantastic movie and line. but no ones seen that movie but me and you lol.

I watched it yesterday for the first time and it blew me away, even though I'd already seen other Greenaway films made earlier in the 80s. It's also got one of the most powerful final scenes I've seen in any movie, ever - I was literally shaking in my seat. And I've had Michael Nyman's score playing on repeat for six hours now. Still not tired of it.

• Like 2

Thats fantastic Jake. I love hearing about films that affect people. I havent seen it in about ten years. I should find it again. Its a powerful film no doubt. Have u read Eberts review of it?

It was the first film where i saw male frontal nudity. That scene kind of shocked me....not because of them walking together but because it was just so frank and in your face. Its a very different film.

Figured I would throw some lines that i haven't seen in the thread yet

Where does he get all theose wonderful toys - Batman (1989)It WAS the boogeyman - Halloweenat my signal, unleash hell - Gladiatorthis is sparta - 300If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit - Back to the FutureBueller? - Ferris Bueller's Day offthere's no place like home - wizard of ozone, two Freddy's coming for you - Nightmare on Elm StreetNo more wire hangers - Mommie DearestWait a minute, wait a minute, you ain't heard nothin' yet - The Jazz SingerOf all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine - Casablanca

• Like 1

He slimed me - GhostbustersHuman sacrifice, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria - GhostbustersIs it safe? - Marathon ManJust what do you think you are doing, Dave? - 2001: a space odysseyTake your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape - Planet of the Apes

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

We have 14 panel members.  I think we are good.  I'm leaving one spot open for AA, but only if he wants it.  If not, this is the 14 who will debate on the top 100 movie lines of all time.

Gopher (under 26)

Jake gittes (under 26)

mahnamanha (under 26)

Coolio (under 26)

Numbers (under 26)

riczhang (under 26)

26-35

Shawnmr (26-35)

stingray (26-35)

chasmmi (26-35)

blankments (26-35)

Impact (26-35)

Over 35

baumer (over 35)

75Live (over 35)

Tele (not sure...lol)

BKB (Over 35

Edited by baumer

Yay.

I did watch a few months ago a video with the AFI quotes-while I do appreciate that they did have older ones, some were odd (Animal House was a odd one) and some should of been there (no Mel Brooks quotes, Princess Bride and BTTF but those are ones that I can imagine not being there). While some Youtube videos mostly have too new of quotes or just ones that are basically someone saying "f you" (Yeah not exactly memorable)

"I see spambots"

"Do you feel lucky spammer? Well do you?"

"Frankly I don't give a hoot"

:P