DoctorWho

True Detective

On begining of every next episode I'm wondering myself, why am I not waiting for whole thing and watch this in one-two evenings. This is not a series, it's one big movie, splited in parts. And that's great, but I loose connections to names and minor characters they investigate over those week (or longer, like now..) gaps.

I started watching episode 2 the other day but stopped ! Had other things to do so rewatching now But I will say that girl sure has perky boobs and I guess its ok if y'all went a little gaga over themClearly gravity , pregnancy and aging have yet to grace her body with their presence !

Re-watched this episode ... MAN, so intense, the situation with Hart and Tele's favorite woman was something else.  What does he expect her to just forgive and forget him fucking a big tittied 20 something chick behind her back? Cohle was right about trying to avoid that crazy pussy ... but, DAMN ... look at her. :lol:

I still can't get over that last 10 minutes ... hell, last 20 minutes ... hell, the entire episode.  It felt like I was watching a cross between Alfonso Cuaron, Michael Mann & Martin Scorsese directing that extended sequence.

Kudos for an amazing hour of television.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

Re-watched this episode ... MAN, so intense, the situation with Hart and Tele's favorite woman was something else.  What does he expect her to just forgive and forget him fucking a big tittied 20 something chick behind her back? Cohle was right about trying to avoid that crazy pussy ... but, DAMN ... look at her. :lol:

I still can't get over that last 10 minutes ... hell, last 20 minutes ... hell, the entire episode.  It felt like I was watching a cross between Alfonso Cuaron, Michael Mann & Martin Scorsese directing that extended sequence.

Kudos for an amazing hour of television.

Well, Hart was treating Tele's favorite woman and everyone's new favorite woman like shit. I'm happy the latter woman gave Hart what he had coming.

I'm curious as to whether Hart's behavior has actually led to some sympathy from Tele for his favorite woman. :lol:

• Like 1

Well, Hart was treating Tele's favorite woman and everyone's new favorite woman like shit. I'm happy the latter woman gave Hart what he had coming.

I'm curious as to whether Hart's behavior has actually led to some sympathy from Tele for his favorite woman. :lol:

Probably not. :P

... and yeah, he was being a possessive asshole with Lisa... and just an ass to his wife.  He deserved what came to him.

Lisa wasn't an honorable person what with knowingly sleeping with a married man, but I was certainly on her side with what she did.

True

... as soon as he attacked the other guy in episode 3, you knew for a fact it was going to turn in a Sopranos moment where she got in touch with the wife and exposed him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"those Bikers make Sons of Anarchy look like a fucking Soap Opera"....the exact words I told my wife tonight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazing, the score and the camera work. I was sweating from my palms and dodging the bullets like I was fucking there.

Reminded me a lot of Alfonso Cuarons "Children of Men", the ending scene with Clive Owen which is also an amazing film.

That's funny dude, I'm going through the same tough times with movies. I'm distracted by the fact that there just isn't enough time in a feature film for the kind of character depth that exists in True Detective. And I'm not ok with it. We've spent four hours now with the characters Rust and Marty. We have an idea of who they were in 1995 and who they are in 2012. Four more episodes and we'll know them better than we know most of our best friends. Side note: only four more episodes? S'sad.

nic pizzolatto was the bartender at the strip club.

Great scene too!

"Why do you make me say this shit, man?"
Fucking great episode.

That makes that line have so much more meaning! Its like the character is breaking the 4th wall to bitch to the writer about his lines

I loved how tense it was even though we already know that the main characters get away safely. That's just truly remarkable production when a show can make you feel that way

Although interestingly I never really got the impression that there was any danger they'd realize Rust was a cop, which is rare in situations like this in fiction.

Rust is the most competent character I've ever seen, period. We simply trust him, and rightly so. Marty walking to the door made me more nervous than anything Rust did. Even when Ginger fed him the drug cocktail, I knew he'd keep his story one hundred percent straight.

It's quite the awesome dichotomy between how fucked up he is in every conceivable way, and how he's pretty much always the smartest and most competent guy in the room.

It was like the most amazing GTA mission that was never made.

Edited by Spizzer - Manav
  • Like 1

^^^The GTA comment is so apropos ... it totally felt like it, especially with that extended take.

It was crazy though, I thought I was watching a new badass version of Heat the entire time with the way it was filmed.  That Michael Mann signature look and feel with the filmaking style of Cuaron's warzone scene in Children of Men and Scorsese's Copa scene.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1