DoctorWho

True Detective

I cannot believe he said "You can't spot crazy pussy?" Oh wait I can believe he said so -'m just amazed such a character exists, guy says the darnest thingsWhat's the guy equivalent? Dickhead? I'm watching ep 4 right now... They just entered the bar about 20mn to go

WTF was those last 10mn , shit was tense as hell whuuut!Guy was just going with the flow I bet it helped he was high on cocaine during all that All the time I was thinking good thing WH character wasn't there coz he sure would have mess things up for them and he's suppose to be the more normal one in this detective duo but somehow this situation need crazy MM to be the cool head! Emmy for the director of this episode it had an eery feel to it So next episode they finally get to laddue guy?

What is the point you think they've been going towards exactly? If you think anything that happened there was moving away from it?

Obviously they're interviewing them in the future because some crazy shit went down at that time and it may have something to do with what is going on in the present. They've been showing us the whole time that Rust and Marty are screwed up a bit in the head and Rust has gone through a lot of shit. So why is it so surprising that Cohle would go to those lengths to solve the case?

He also wasn't exactly expecting to be in a shootout of that magnitude, which is why he wanted them to get finished quicker than they did. He just wanted to get the guy in custody so they could get info on Ledoux.

I can't believe I didn't pick up on this...

Writer Nic Palazzo mentions that Rust asked for the alcohol during the present day scenes so it renders his testimony as inadmissible. He knew he was being interrogated and isn't necessarily a drunkard like we might expect. Even Marty is surprised when he hears that he's a drunk in the present day. Really cool detail. I wonder if Rust has gone so deep into undercover that he's willing to go off the grid for 8 years to try and find out the real murderer

• Like 2

i had a feeling from the beginning they were suspecting one or the other of something , even if files were lost they seemed to ask lots of personal questions plus why keep them in separate room 

although after this episode, it was too funny seeing marty and rust say one thing as the complete opposite unfolded , and remember how creepy dangerous that guy walking around in his undies with a gun look , only to whimper out like that 

btw i know rust is kinda of an odd-ball dude but i don't believe he's a psychopath killer , he's just driven at being a detective 

and even though they're not on good terms now i can see even marty is doubting what the detectives are trying to pin on rust like narrative 

personally i'm curious to see what made them pursue this train of thought , see if it convinces me or at least seem plausible

as much as it might be sad to see this end i'm super psyched to see where this goes....

ps: how weird was it to see rust in a relationship ?  gah i'd love to be in his head for a bit , his thought-process is so odd!

ps2: anyone else love the title theme sequence( the visuals and vocals together super cool) , i love listening to it , HBO sure has a knack for theme songs, 

Edited by ladyevenstar22
  • Like 2

I think Nic Pizzolatto is writing Season 2. Director-wise, uncertain at the moment.

Update: I read that Pizzolatto wants to utilize different directors each season.

And here's one site's wishlist of directors for next season:

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/True-Detective-Director-Wish-List-5-Filmmakers-Season-2-62038.html

Edited by Jay Beezy