Fancyarcher

Goosebumps | October 16, 2015 | Jack Black | First Trailer on Page 11!

True. I was trying to find international release dates but was having no luck. Although avoiding crimson peak and bridge of spies on opening weekend might not be a bad idea

Those are aiming for completely different audiences and neither of those movies are likely to be huge blockbusters (a Spielberg/Hanks pairing doesn't pack the "punch" today as much as it would have in, say, 2002), so all three of these movies opening on the same weekend seems fine.

Those are aiming for completely different audiences and neither of those movies are likely to be huge blockbusters (a Spielberg/Hanks pairing doesn't pack the "punch" today as much as it would have in, say, 2002), so all three of these movies opening on the same weekend seems fine.

Yeah, you're probably right. I keep thinking Crimson Peak might have a chance at hitting it big considering Universal's track record lately.

Sony is dumping the movie OS. It has no hope in it. Almost every country is getting it next year which makes little to no sense.

EDIT: Tbh, it will most likely get cancelled in most countries. Pixels performance doesn't help either.

Edited by CJohn

Sony is dumping the movie OS. It has no hope in it. Almost every country is getting it next year which makes little to no sense.

EDIT: Tbh, it will most likely get cancelled in most countries. Pixels performance doesn't help either.

The bulk of places are getting it this year.

Yeah, you're probably right. I keep thinking Crimson Peak might have a chance at hitting it big considering Universal's track record lately.

Anything over $50M total would make Crimson Peak a big success IMO. I want to see it but it won't appeal to a very wide audience (teens, in particular, likely won't care about a Victorian-era ghost tale that favors atmosphere over jump scares).

The bulk of places are getting it this year.

The big markets is either December or February. 

And lets not believe the ones set in October are locked yet... The Portuguese date right now is October 29 and I know it will likely get pushed to February as well.

Anything over $50M total would make Crimson Peak a big success IMO. I want to see it but it won't appeal to a very wide audience (teens, in particular, likely won't care about a Victorian-era ghost tale that favors atmosphere over jump scares).

If the movie is good then it can make $100 million. There are a lot of horror fans who aren't on board with horror movies that are being released nowadays. Crimson Peak has the potential to bring them back to the theaters. If it sucks then even $50 million may be a tough haul for the reasons you mentioned.