Fancyarcher

Goosebumps | October 16, 2015 | Jack Black | First Trailer on Page 11!

A Fantasy comedy....!?

I thought it was going to be at least a bit scary.

It'll be a little scary but not so much that it'll frighten kids. Remember this is for a PG audience and the kind of stuff that would scare you as a 3rd grader you'd laugh about now.

It's the way they have to handle it. If it was too scary and dark vs comedic, it would miss the humor in the books and it would be too scary for kids but not scary enough for adults. By making it a fun movie with light spooks, it'll appeal to kids and families and even older "kids" who want to relive the stories. I grew up on the books; I'll probably see it just for that.

They're going for the Hotel Transylvania type crowd here which should work really well playing alongside Crimson Peak rather than in competition with it.

What's the problem with it being a PG family comedy? You guys are strange folk.

It only comes out in UK in 2016? LMAO.

Damn, I didn't even notice that - I just checked and it's February 5 (Deadpool weekend)

What's the problem with it being a PG family comedy? You guys are strange folk.

Damn, I didn't even notice that - I just checked and it's February 5 (Deadpool weekend)

They are going for that mid-term vacations, I see.

In Portugal I think they will stay in October. Christmas, Carnival and Easter are pretty full and there are no other holidays around.

• Like 1

They are going for that mid-term vacations, I see.

In Portugal I think they will stay in October. Christmas, Carnival and Easter are pretty full and there are no other holidays around.

It doesn't really make a lot of sense. The US release date of 16 October is just a week before the UK's October half-term holiday, and the UK release date of 5 February is a week before February half-term holiday. They're in the same positions, I don't know why they chose February.

• Like 1