Impact

Best Song-2013

I hope Frozen wins the oscar for Let It Go. By far the most powerful song.

I agreed 100%.  I have no idea how the HAY "Ordinary Love" won the Golden Globe (either because U2's a contempoirary band, sympathy vote because the guy died, or because the GG people are elitists who don't know a good and powerful song when they hear it.  Or all 3).

I REALLY hope "Let It Go" wins the Oscar, it deserves to more than any other (same with Frozen for Best Animated Feature).  I mean, look at the views, the covers, the renditions, the animation, the message, the vocals, the pure raw inspiration that comes out of that song!  You don't get that kind of thing with any of the other nominations—if there's anything that deserves to take home the Oscar for Best Original Song, it's "Let It Go", no question.

• Like 2

I see why they didn't name a replacement...everyone would already know it couldn't even get more votes than some song nobody had ever really heard of before. If it's a big name act (Swift/Del Rey/Coldplay), it would be kind of embarrassing to only make it into the category because of a DQ.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica