#ED

Gotham | FOX

I don't know if it has gotten worse or is it simply the lack of any progress that annoyed me in this episode. Dialogue that you wouldn't find on the CW, story lines that just repeat themselves without any substance and, of course, Gordon now being a more ineffective detective than Batman in TDK trilogy... HE HAD THE KILLER AT FUCKING GUNPOINT. It should have been over after 20 minutes. But God forbid we do something creative, no, we're gonna go with the villain until the end of the episode because of, um, reasons.

Penguin's still good, Bruce Wayne still sucks.

• Like 1

I don't know if it has gotten worse or is it simply the lack of any progress that annoyed me in this episode. Dialogue that you wouldn't find on the CW, story lines that just repeat themselves without any substance and, of course, Gordon now being a more ineffective detective than Batman in TDK trilogy... HE HAD THE KILLER AT FUCKING GUNPOINT. It should have been over after 20 minutes. But God forbid we do something creative, no, we're gonna go with the villain until the end of the episode because of, um, reasons.

Penguin's still good, Bruce Wayne still sucks.

Yeah that was a camera trick.  In reality, Gordon didn't see him behind the shelves even though it looked that way.  It was kind of stupid to do that though.

Assuming that is what you are referring to of course :P

• Like 2

Yeah that was a camera trick.  In reality, Gordon didn't see him behind the shelves even though it looked that way.  It was kind of stupid to do that though.

Yeah, now I see it. :rolleyes:  He's still a bad detective though :D

• Like 1

• Community Manager

Yeah the camera effect gave the impression the two were about to engage in a fight. I was SO confused and even disappointed when that didn't happen (although I liked the comic relief part with the girl and the paperclips).

• Like 1

This was the first outright bad episode.

The Good:
Bruce actually came off as sympathetic for once mainly because you could see how much his parents' legacy means to him.
I liked the direction in the restaurant scene.

I liked the attempted hit on the mayor from a storytelling and directing perspective.

The Meh:
The Penguin-his plan made sense, it's just that I have little investment in the character. Why does it matter if The Penguin becomes boss?
Fish Mooney-Tbh, IDK what the point of her plotline was in this episode.

The Bad:
The Arkham Storyline-The show had been teasing this storyline for 3 episodes; for it to be done within an hour felt underwhelming.
Barbara/Gordon-Their relationship has been very bland; as a result, their fighting in this episode was more cringe worthy than heartbreaking. Also, Barbara revealing her past made sense from a storytelling perspective, but carried no weight because the show hadn't really built it up in anyway. We never got to see how Barbara feels about hiding this secret from Gordon, so when she told him it, it didn't matter.

The Police's Incompetence-So I know the police in Gotham are supposed to be bad/corrupt, but do they have to be this bad? A politician dies, and rather than have any sense of urgency about the matter, Bullock and his superior are completely nonchalant about it. I don't need them to be paranoid, but they seem to be taking the matter without any seriousness, when it deserves the utmost seriousness.

Overall, after 4 episodes, this show has been meh. It has its high moments, but it also has its weak moments (last night). Mostly, it's just bland.

• Like 1

Gotham, 4 episodes in and I'm neither loving it or hating it. In fairness Agents of SHIELD was about the same and that turned into a great first season and this season is still rocking it...but I digress.

The show is going to suffer it looks like from the "too much, too soon" camp.

Riddler/Eddie Nygma should not be shown to us yet. He has to be a man in his late 20's here. A full dozen years older than Bruce.

We know Harvey Dent is coming. To be DA in a town Gotham's size, he'd have to be mid 30s.

Victor Zsasz is already out there killing folks...come on now. (IMDB lists him as coming, I'm peeking)

Penguin seems to be early 20's, not as far fetched but it's skirts the boundaries.

The show should focus on the crime families, stop throwing neon signs in our face like the unnecessary Poison Ivy. I firmly believe she was one character too much in the pilot and there would have to be a better way to showcase her down the road.

Stay with the Falcone/Maroni/Penguin/Fish storytelling and leave the rest of Batman's Rogues.....to Batman.

By the time Bruce is Batman Riddler will be in his mid/late 30's and Two Face in his mid 40's. These are to be contemporaries in age to Bruce. If you want to give us a villain tease that makes sense let's see Tommy Ellion aka HUSH. 

I will say that since Alfred got Bruce to agree to see a therapist that Hugo Strange would work. He's not an age contemporary of Bruce and works as a foe later. 

Catwoman as they've done it also works but it seems very forced what with her witnessing the crime and just always around. 

I fully expect at the rate the show is going to get nods or straight up appearances by Victor Fries, Jonathan Crane, Kirk Langstrom, Basil Karlo and or Matt Hagen but we'll see what the next 18 episodes look like. 

Oh, and the Barbara/Montoya thing was so unnecessary. I also don't buy Essen, that is not a woman Gordon is going to cheat on Barbara with, or wait, she's leaving him. Kinda good, she's written as a drag anyway on the narrative. 

The actor who plays Maroni, I know he was in Dexter is such a bad actor

Enrique Morales will never be a bad actor (though it is stupid that they got him to play an Italian)

Anyway, this is becoming painful, pretty much everything except Penguin and Bullock is horrible. Fish Mooney is really starting to get on my nerves, the villain and his old professor were more than cringe-worthy and they somehow even managed to fuck up Falcone (both in the terrible meeting and in the last scene).

I will say that Bruce was much better in this episode but overall I'm losing faith in this pile of formulaic crap with every episode since the second one. And it's been 5 episodes, it should have gotten better by now...

• Like 1

Yeah this was the best Bruce episode so far, but even though I didn't mind this week's show, it was probably one of the weaker ones too.  It was more of a filler type episode.  It moved things along, but it really didn't have a lot of meat to the story

I actually liked this week's episode. The drug and its effects were interesting, I thought that the scenes with Fish Mooney were pretty good, I actually liked the Bruce stuff, and I enjoyed the corrupt Wayne Enterprise storyline. But most of all, I was happy to see Bullock featured more in this episode. He's really funny and gives the show a sense of lightheartedness; they should incorporate him more.

The only issues were the last scene with Falcone, the Penguin stuff, and the main villain who wasn't special or awful, but just there.

Yeah I think the few points we all agree on are they got the Bruce, Wayne Enterprises stuff right this time.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the last episode was brutal and I would stop watching or anything :P