Films

Thurs numbers Gravity 1.4M (make a separate thread for Fri #s)

Please dont compare Gravity with Avatar. Thats laughable.

Avatar changed the industry. What Gravity will become is still up in the air.

Ok? Even if Avatar "changed the industry" aka raised ticket prices $5, that doesn't mean its better. Thats not my opinion since I haven't seen Gravity yet, thats just general knowledge. Toy Story changed how movies are animated, but isn't Finding Nemo considered the favorite among people? Yes. And again fool, thats not me comparing it, thats people that have seen both. This is nothing to get sensitve about, theyre just movies.

Edited by Twerkdrew
  • Like 1

Please dont compare Gravity with Avatar. Thats laughable. Avatar changed the industry. What Gravity will become is still up in the air.

Well sure but that doesn't make it a good movie, necessarily. Edited by lab276

Is it? I don't know about that.

Finding Nemo beats Toy Story with my generation, only animated movie thats more loved is Lion King, but it doesn't really matter, there all everyones favorites. I love both the same.

Edited by Twerkdrew
  • Like 1

people think its better than Avatar

that's what you original said.

Notice there is "people think" in you statement. "people think its better than Avatar" is different from "it's better than Avatar".

Your "people" are just some guys that post on twitter. 

You realize what you're basically saying is Alvin and the Chipmunks is better than The Dark Knight

Sophistry

Avatar has better legs = Avatar is better received by people = people (in general) liked it more = people think it is better # it is better objectively ≠ “You realize what you're basically saying is Alvin and the Chipmunks is better than The Dark Knight”

You took "people think" away and make me to be subject. brilliant.

It won't make 1/3 of Avatar (domestically), and less than a quarter of AVATAR (OS). No question who the big giant dog is.

1/3 of Avatar (domestically) = 250m DOM

a quarter of AVATAR (OS) =  500m OS

If we have to dream big, I wonder which would be a easier goal for Gravity lol

Edited by vc2002

1/3 of Avatar (domestically) = 250m DOM

a quarter of AVATAR (OS) =  500m OS

If we have to dream big, I wonder which would be a easier goal for Gravity lol

Well, he said less. So anything under 250/500 qualifies for what he said there...

I say that it has a good chance to hit it with OS audiences... Once word of mouth kicks in...