Films

Thurs numbers Gravity 1.4M (make a separate thread for Fri #s)

that's what you original said.

Notice there is "people think" in you statement. "people think its better than Avatar" is different from "it's better than Avatar".

Your "people" are just some guys that post on twitter. 

Sophistry

Avatar has better legs = Avatar is better received by people = people (in general) liked it more = people think it is better # it is better objectively ≠ “You realize what you're basically saying is Alvin and the Chipmunks is better than The Dark Knight”

You took "people think" away and make me to be subject. brilliant.

I have no idea what you're saying. Youre looking way too hard into this. Debate over. You win.

Edited by Twerkdrew

Good to know. Made almost 10x OWs but eventually still a meh movie and disliked by people. good ... good ...

It's one thing when It's driven by quality, like Argo, and another when it's driven because of movie experience (In that case, the special effects and the 3D)

• Like 2

Good to know. Made almost 10x OWs but eventually still a meh movie and disliked by people. good ... good ...

My big fat Greek weeding had 80x legs from 3 million wide opening and few people think it is a masterpiece... I know: a 77 million OW is not comparable to a 3 million OW, but what I mean is that numbers do not fix if a movie is good or bad. I do not consider Avatar a bad movie, but it is not THAT GOOD movie in order to have reached that amount of money. It is obvious that 3D revolution was decisive to get what it did and that is a James Cameron merit, but if we remove the technological revolution, the movie is, IMHO, one blockbuster more.

• Like 1

My big fat Greek weeding had 80x legs from 3 million wide opening and few people think it is a masterpiece... I know: a 77 million OW is not comparable to a 3 million OW, but what I mean is that numbers do not fix if a movie is good or bad. I do not consider Avatar a bad movie, but it is not THAT GOOD movie in order to have reached that amount of money. It is obvious that 3D revolution was decisive to get what it did and that is a James Cameron merit, but if we remove the technological revolution, the movie is, IMHO, one blockbuster more.

There are countless beloved blockbusters that, if we remove the technological revolution, either wouldn't be anything special, or wouldn't be any good at all.

A perfect way to conclude this Avatar discussion would be:

"Avatar is great in some people's eyes. Avatar is not great in some other people's eyes. Avatar is the best movie of all time in some people's eyes. Avatar is a piece of shit in some other people's eyes."

I think that's pretty constructive.

Such discussion is tiring and meaningless. move away.

Gravity is just coming out. It is exciting a lot people. Maybe they will judge better when chill down.

I would rather focus more on finding good and beautiful films from now on.

Amen!

170 POSITIVE REVIEWS ON RT!?

HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TSN:273

Up:273

Toys Story 3:261

Argo:251

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 1