Films

Thurs numbers Gravity 1.4M (make a separate thread for Fri #s)

Meh number.

much like the film itself 

though I think its a good number ... it has older-skewing stars and an october release 

35-40 mil OW will happen ... not sure about topping 40 mil though but I guess it could happen 

I'll give a quote in a secPamela McClintock ‏@PamelaDayM#Gravity takes flight with $1.4 million Thursday night. And it's selling more advance 3D tickets than 'Avatar' on Fandango.

LOL Why are they using Avatar's low advance ticket sales as a barometer? Wonder if it's outselling Pacific Rim in advanced 3D sales?

:bash:

When Gravity gets better legs than Avatar, I will believe people think it's better Avatar. Otherwise, all bullshit.

Avatar still has the best legs for a wide release in the past 10 years, one of the best in history everwhere in the world. I will wait for Gravity to top it.

not really

Also Gravity is that movie as in the one that Avatar was supposed to be. That was misleading and I'm very very sorry.

Oh boy. That was like Avatar...but good. #Gravity

Some doofusjust compared Avatar to Gravity. R U kidding bruh?! AVATAR IS ABOUT BLUE FREAKING ALIENS GRAVITY IS HAPPENING/WILL HAPPEN

For me the best used of 3D is Gravity. Not Avatar nor Life of Pi.

Alfonso Cuaron's use of 3D "surpasses even what James Cameron accomplished in the flight sequences of “Avatar. <-- article

Really excited to see "Gravity" today. It is supposed to be as visually stunning as "Avatar," but absent of all the blue penises. Pumped!

#Gravity achieved in $80 million what #Avatar couldn't in $250 million. The figures say it all.

Obviously its opinion, but all Ive seen is "Gravity is better than Avatar" or "Gravity is as good as Avatar". No "Avatar is better than Gravity", just looking at the stateside consensus. Obviously this wont pull Avatar numbers but it doesn't need to. Its a success based off reviews alone.

Edited by Twerkdrew

You have seen ... just some of the audience.

Better legs = better received by people in general

No way to spin about that

You realize what you're basically saying is Alvin and the Chipmunks is better than The Dark Knight, right?

• Like 1